seventeen

(( noah^^^)))

"Get back here you fucker!" I yelled. I hiked my dress up as I ran across the grass after a goose.

Yeah, that's how my morning was going, how's yours?

I was currently running after a goose that lived in the pond at this dumb hotel for this dumb wedding, watching it scurry away with my ear phones.

Ear phones aren't that essential to me but when you had to do a two hour car drive with Jordan in the next ten minutes, they were fucking essential.

I tackled the goose to the floor and yanked them from his mouth as he flapped his wings under me.

"Suck it-"

"Mae?" A familiar voice called.

I looked up, following the expensive looking shoes up along the expensive suit until I got to the face. My jaw dropped, "Niall?"

He laughed and held his hand out to me. I took it and stood to my feet, still shocked with what I was looking at. He looked so different, holy crap.

His hair was brown now and he actually looked like a nice person? Huh.

"What you doing here?" He asked me, referring to the golf course. I looked around and shrugged.

"A wedding. What are you doing here? You look expensive." I told him.

"I actually own this place. Well, co-own." He announced, a look of pride washing over him. What is with my old friends becoming rich? And why didn't it happen to me?

"Damn.." I whispered, looking around.

"You look good," he commented as he looked me up and down. I had to roll my eyes, he hadn't changed much then.

"Thanks. You look different, you talked to Louis recently?" I asked him.

"Yeah actually, a few days ago. He's in LA with his wife." He told me, shoving his hands into his pockets. We began walking in awkward silence once Jordan called my name and Niall began to twiddle his fingers.

"You, uh, still talk to Harry?" He asked me.

I rose a brow. "No. Well yes, but not by choice." I informed him.

"Oh..so you told him?" He asked me, his face falling completely into one of sympathy.

"Told him what?" I asked.

"That you had his baby?"

Oh lord.

"Mummmyyy!" Annabel called.

I dropped my bags and ran to her, she did the same. It was like a slow motion reunion that you see in the movies except she didn't run into my arms but instead my legs, making us both fall back.

"Ow." I groaned. Jordan snickered as he stepped over my body with his bags towards the house.

"You alright?" Harry asked, now walking down his driveway to the both of us.

"Fine, fine." I brushed him off. I stood up again and let Annabel hug my legs as she nuzzled her head into them as I rubbed her back.

"Was she okay?" I asked Harry.

He nodded eagerly. "She was great. Noah was off with his mum today so it was just us two but she was fine." He smiled down at her and she gave him a thumbs up. I eyed the two of them up.

"Mhm.." I trailed off. "Why was Noah- actually nevermind. I don't really care." I cut myself off.

"Thanks for taking care of her, Harry." I said unwillingly as he clasped his hand around his ear.