sixteen

Harry: Image attached.

Me: bitch wtf? Where are you

Harry: went to ride some segways. Annabel took the pic btw.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the picture of Noah and Harry on a segway. I was about to reply but what was the point, so I switched off my phone and focused back on the wedding.

It was the second day of Harry watching Annabel and my anxiety was sky high. Jordan tried to calm me down but nothing was working so here I was, my foot shaking violently as I watched his cunt sister marry some dude. I couldn't sit still.

I excused myself and walked out of the church. Life was going too fast for me right now, and too crazy. I just needed a breather.

I sat down on the steps into the church and rested my head on my arms that were perched up on my knees. My mind was just Harry.

Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry fucking Styles.

If I was to be honest with myself, I think it was safe to say that I was never fully over him and it felt weird to think that. Watching him have a happy family with Aria and Noah truly did hurt me but I had no say in anything anymore, he chose her over me anyways and always will. But Annabel...

El was starting to get to me. I was feeling guiltier and guiltier as the days passed. Every time Annabel and Harry interacted I felt like the worst mother out there. She loved Harry as an uncle figure already and I was depriving her from a father. A great one, too.

The way he treated and cared for Noah made my heart melt but I'd never admit that to him -no. And I could see the love and adoration in his eyes when anyone mentioned his son.

Also, the overwhelming fear of Annabel getting older and looking for her dad sent me nuts and I think it was then that I realized I had to tell Harry.

All these years, months, days even of insisting he was to never know, my heart knew that it had to be done. I'd never forgive what he did to me and every time I see his face it's like a slap in the face but it wasn't my place to keep him and Annabel oblivious. I just had to do it in the right way.

HARRYS POV

"Um, Noah." I mumbled. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I thought I asked you to go to bed." I smirked. No matter what, I couldn't be angry with him.

Instead I sank down to his level and lifted him up, walking towards his bed that Annabel was already fast asleep in. I put him down beside her and brought the blanket up to his chin, ruffling his hair. "Night, son."

As I shut the door after me I ran a hand through my greasy hair, air blowing from my lips while I headed to my bedroom.

It was empty, just like last night and my heart felt heavier. I didn't mean to upset Aria but she and I both knew what was coming, everyone did.

I slid my wedding ring onto my bedside table and peeled off my shirt and jeans before climbing into the large, empty bed. Sprawling out on my back, I brought the phone to my face and began to read the texts.

Maelyn Rose: Update?

I laughed lightly. She was very persistent.

Me: They're asleep in bed.

Almost immediately she began typing and I felt my heart speed up as I bit my lip in anticipation.

Maelyn Rose: Right. I forgot it was late, sorry, night.

I was disappointed I didn't get to annoy her more and decided against doing so. I was so angry with myself when it came to her.

The day I left her, I regretted it immediately. I still did and it will forever be my biggest regret. I'll admit seeing her again has lifted my mood a lot but the fact she started a family ruined it straight away.

She was still my same Maelyn, sweet but feisty. Her constant insults were like love letters. I thoroughly enjoyed our little bickering but every damn time she brought up the break up I was so close to screaming.

The look on her face when she spoke about it could destroy any man and I'll never forgive myself for ruining something like what we had, even four years down the road. Even with my own child along with me that I had with the woman I once thought I loved.