fifteen

"Babe I'm sorry." Jordan's voice rang through the house for the millionth time. He was yelling to me from the letterbox while I continued to ignore him.

"No you embarrassed me!" I yelled back. The neighbors probably thought we were crazy.

"Please..." He quietened down and I gave in. I marched down the stairs and pulled the door open. He stood there with flowers and pout and I groaned with my head falling back.

"I was hoping for chocolates this time." I told him. I let him in and headed to the garden. He grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry." He apologized again. I nodded and avoided his gaze on my body.

I was in a bikini- but not for no reason. Annabel has been asking me to swim with her one of the weekends since we moved in and today was the day.

"You look good." He told me. I could feel my cheeks flush as he checked me out, thankful that Ana soon came running down wearing her pink bathing suit I got her and her many, many armbands. I was surprised she was even willing to get back into the water after what happened.

She dragged me by the hand to the back garden and I laughed, she was the only person on earth right now who could get a laugh out of me.

I dropped the towel and sunblock to the grass before getting to my knees. "C'mere, I have to put this on you." I told her, picking the bottle of sun block up. She sat down in front of me as I rubbed it into her skin quickly, doing my own then after.

"Don't drown." I heard someone yell. I looked up to see Harry holding Noah over the fence and I rolled my head back. Can I ever catch a break.

"Can I come over?! Please, please, pleaseeeeee?" Noah begged. His little hands shook the fence in anticipation and I nodded. "Of course."

It didn't take long for Harry to drop Noah over, letting me know that Noah was a good swimmer and that he'd keep an eye on us like I was a little baby. I just slammed the door shut in his face, leading the kids back out to the garden.

"Okay!" I exclaimed. "Last one to the pool is a rotten egg!"

We all began running and Noah erupted into a fit of giggles as Annabel chased after him. I got there first and watched them both run with their tiny human legs and I cooed. They were too cute.

To my surprise, Noah wasted no time and cannonballed into the shallow end. Annabel and I watched him. "Get in!" He yelled at us. His head bobbed up and down in the water and I looked to Harry, who I already knew was watching us from over the fence.

You know, for a business man, he has a lot of free time to just watch me from his fence.

He gave me a thumbs up and I shook my head, trying to fight the smile from his stupidness. He caught it though and I swore I saw a little smile on his lips too.

I got into the pool before Annabel did to make sure she wouldn't drown- again. I secured her armbands tightly but I mean, you never know.

She was fine though, and we actually spent the next hour playing shark attack in the water under the heat of the summer sun as Harry watched.

I brushed through my wet, tangled hair in the bathroom after drying off from my shower. I can't believe I was doing this, I was actually letting Harry babysit Annabel for the weekend.

I watched Jordan finish packing his bag in a hurry while I began to dry my hair. I was crazy for this and Jordan better get his ungrateful ass act together with me for doing this for him.

Once my hair was dried I walked my naked body across the room to my closet for clothes, earning a stern look from Jordan. "You can't just walk around naked in front of me." He whined.