thirty two

"Does she need spare shoes?" Harry hollered.

I rolled my eyes and dropped my fork, heading into Annabel's room where he was packing. He insisted on packing her bag for her Girl Scouts camp trip and I let him, little did I know he would be asking me what to pack every ten seconds.

As I walked in, her lavender bed sheets were covered in the entirety of her wardrobe and I groaned. "You're cleaning all of this." I told him.

I stood beside him and looked in the bag while reading the checklist. "Harry you haven't even put in warm clothes. It's January, she'll be frozen.

His lips formed a small 'o' and he stood back to let me take over. "I tried, Okay?"

I smirked and nodded and began to fold some thermal leggings, sweaters, extra socks and probably more extra socks. You could never have enough socks when camping.

"Noah would have loved to go." Harry smiled softly. I smiled at him sadly and put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him. Aria had taken Noah on a family vacation to Madrid this Christmas holiday with her new boyfriend and it broke Harry's little heart. But he also got to bond with Annabel more and considering he knew everything now, it was good for him.

We still haven't told her yet and we agreed that Harry was going to do it yet if she was mad, I was taking the blame. The least I could do I guess.

I finished packing and zipped up the bag as Harry tidied her other clothes away and we both sat on the edge of her bed.

"I can't believe how grown up she's getting." I sighed. He nodded slowly beside me, "I know. I've known her since she was three and now she's almost a hormonal teen. God." He exaggerated.

"Harry she's seven." I reminded him.

He looked at me for a second and then shrugged, looking back to her wall. "Too old."

"Mummy, Harry, Alesha's mum is here to get me." She came in running, dressed up in her scouts uniform looking sharp. I smiled softly and stood up with her bag.

"You ready?" I asked. She nodded excitedly and squeezed her moo bear close under her arm before engulfing Harry in a tight hug. "See you Sunday, Harry!" She told him. He smiled ear to ear, something I found myself cooing over and he knelt down to pick her up.

"Stay away from all the snakes and spiders," he teased her, tickling her stomach. Her contagious laughter erupted throughout the room and I smiled as he walked her to the front door with me.

Living in the hotel wasn't ideal but I was on my way to moving into an actual home soon, and I couldn't wait.

We walked Annabel down to the lobby, employees waving her off on her trip and some giving her some 'vacation money.'

I rolled my eyes and thanked them all as we walked her to the car. She pulled the door open and jumped in right away, leaving me to do everything. Harry chatted to Aleshas mum while I put her bags in the trunk and gave her a hug and kiss. This was going to be the longest she's been away from me.

"Mum get off of me!" She squealed. I laughed and attacked her face with kisses while she wiggled around. "Be safe. Have fun, I'll call you on Saturday night. I love you." I told her.

"Love you too!" She told me, buckling in. I looked to Alesha's mum, who was a scout leader and offered to drop Ana up and back seeing as her daughter and Ana got along so well. I thanked her and shut the door, Harry's warm arm soon draping over my shoulder as we stood back and waved her off.

"I don't know how you do this with Noah so often, I feel like I've lost my limb." I joked to him.

He shrugged and we turned to walk inside. "Life is a cunt. But she'll be okay, she's a good kid." He told me.