FIFTY

"Oh, you." Aria noted. She gently pushed her bangs from her face and looked me head to toe.

I offered her a slightly passive aggressive smile and was about to walk away, her snickering stopped me.

"No Harry?" She asked me. Her baby bump had gone down, so I was assuming she had the baby. My mind flickered to the thought of Noah having a baby brother or sister and not knowing - and even worse, would never meet them. She was a cruel woman.

"He's watching our kids." I told her blatantly.

"Noah is not your child," She snapped, stepping a foot closer to me. I laughed and clapped my hands, did she think she threatened me?

"Might as well be," I shot back. "Now, goodbye."

El and I left the area quickly and I shuddered. "She's a witch." I laughed. El agreed and we made our way for the doors. It was tome to go home maybe, and I had failed to get unmercifully drunk which bummed me out but I was happy to be going home to Harry.

We chit chatted down the pavement as we waiting for our taxi and ate takeaway kebabs from a dodgy corner store that was open.

"Oh man I'm gonna get killer heartburn," I mumbled as I licked my lips. El's response was muffled by her food and soon bright headlights blocked our vision.

Figuring it was our taxi, we headed over. I clutched my bag in my hands as we climbed into the back seats and gave the man the address, although he sped off before I had the chance to finish.

"Alright, Man. Slow down." El mentioned, trying to buckle up. My brows furrowed slightly at the lack of response yet again from our taxi driver. It wasn't long until I eventually realized this was not our taxi.

"Oh my god," I whispered. With wide eyes, I nudged El's side. El hadn't caught onto my state of fear and silence until we sped onto a highway that was lit up and she soon discovered the driver.

I attempted the door handle, but it was locked. Even tried to quietly get the window down but it was locked too.

My heart thumped hard as I thought of the endless possibilities. Arias boyfriend always seemed nice enough - a bit ditzy but nice. What he was capable of- I didn't know.

"I don't like when my wife is disrespected." He suddenly told us.

"What?" El yelled, "Are you a fucking psycho? Let us out."

"When she's upset, I'm upset." He added. Turning his neck slightly, his eyes met mine and they looked just as sadistic as I had imagined them to be.

"And I don't like being upset." He finished. He quickly swerved onto oncoming traffic and we both screamed, shielding our eyes while I pleaded with him to stop the car.

If my smart mouth would just have shut up back there, oh god. He dipped back into our lane and I hadn't realized El's crying until we drove onto a quiet road and street lights didn't exist - but I knew this road, it was the street we lived on. Confused, I put my phone away as I was about to call Harry.

Pulling into the driveway, he unlocked the doors. It didn't take long for El to jump out but I was so confused.

"What was-" I began.

"Don't disrespect her, or me, ever again. Or next time you won't get home. Got it?" He warned. I wanted to laugh in his face at the weak attempt of a scare but I decided to just nod. His face wasn't visible anymore due to the darkened house in front of us.

I leapt out, a bit confused about what the hell just happened, and seemingly floated up towards the door as El banged the house down with her fists on the door.

Still not wrapping my head around it, I watched Harry sleepily pull the door open only to quickly widen his eyes at El's state. I just turned and watched the car drive away in slow motion. Was he a hit man? Was Aria in a gang? Wow, this all was so excitin-

"Mae!?" Harry yelled out. My body was engulfed into his arms and I came back around fast.

"Hey," I smiled at him. His little worry lines popped out on his forehead and his eyes were wide and curious as they looked into mine.

"Is that true?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked, looking from him to El. She was still crying and only then did it hit me how serious that actually was. I straightened my body and bit down on my lip as I waved Harry off and headed into the house.

"It's fine. Aria was just messing with us." I told him.

I wondered what would have happened if he actually did something. I had to be careful around Aria now I guess, which was okay because I never saw her, but Harry was gonna screw that part up.

Already starting to get dressed, he yelled curses around the kitchen as I stirred a cup of tea that I had no recollection of making.

"Will you shut the fuck up?" I yelled at him. "It was a joke. Aria is a cunt and we know this, just leave it." I told him.

His nostrils flared and I wanted to laugh like I usually did but he was annoying me. Harry was a psycho when he got angry and adding him into this was going to end badly.

"He threatened you, Mae? Am I supposed to not say anything?" He seethed. I watched as he walked towards me, his robe replaced with a black hoodie and grey sweat pants. 10/10 cuddle-able.

Nodding, I slid the tea in front of a shaken up El at the counter and sighed as Harry watched me intently. He wasn't happy, and he was making it clear, but he would get over it.

"Mae- I think Harry should-"

"No." I stopped El. "You don't know Harry the way I know him. When he gets angry he gets angry, El. You heard him, I do anything again and I'm fucked. I don't need this situation worse. Best thing now is to pretend it didn't happen and get on with our shit." I told her.

I put the milk back in the fridge but Harry slammed the door shut and pushed me against it. "I get angry because I care, stop painting me out to be a mad man. He took you in a car and almost got you killed, why don't you ever take shit seriously?" He yelled. Hot, but unnecessary.

I guess he was right. But it wasn't in my nature to play damsel in distress anymore and dwell on things. The message was loud and clear and I was going to take it on the chin.

"Harry, I insulted her. He was protecting her, the way you want to do to me. It will turn into a viscous cycle of you two hurting each other until some one is dead. So please, please, leave it." I begged him.

I rest my hands on his face and forced him to look at me. He needed to let off steam, and I understood that, but not in the way he wanted to. His eyes softened eventually and I knew I had gotten through to him. His body was still tense though and although I'm sure he was unaware, his hands were pinned against the fridge door and I was in between them.

"Let's go have sex," I shrugged.

El scoffed and got up from the bar stool, announcing she was going to bed in the guest room. It was just Harry and I left and I had a goofy smile as he furrowed his brows.

"Why?" He questioned.

"You need to let off steam and I mean, the kids are asleep, El is going to sleep..." I tickled his side with my fingers until he cracked a smile too and pushed my hand away.

"Last one to the room has to go on top." He yelled, running away.

I just rolled my eyes and began chasing him. This was definitely a better end to the night than what I had expected.

_________\______________

AN

idk either I was just thirsty for some action. You're all gonna hate me in about 5 chapters (: