44

Brooklyn's POV.

2:39am in the morning on a Sunday.

Why was I awake?

I wish I knew. I tried to get back to sleep but it wasn't happening.

I didn't want to wake Jesse up so I grabbed my phone off the table, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and poured myself some milk into a glass. I grabbed a few cookies from the cupboard, and made my way into the living room.

The whole situation with Peyton was getting worse and it was clearly having an effect on me. Jesse doesn't know it's effecting me twice as much as it has been. I just don't want to spill my feelings out to anyone. It's difficult because I've somewhat been in this situation before.

I sipped on my milk while staring into space and overthinking basically everything. It probably wasn't the best thing to do at 2:50 in the morning but I couldn't sleep.

I looked over at the door and a figure was stood there. Jesse. He walked closer to me and sat down next to me. He took the cup out of my hands, placed it on the table and held my hands in his.

"Why are you sat down here by yourself?" Jesse questioned.

"I couldn't sleep" I quietly responded.

"You've got this whole situation on your mind still, haven't you?"

Gosh he can literally read me like a fucking book. He knows me so well.

"I'm sorry, you don't deserve this"

Jesse sighed, "you don't need to apologise. You don't deserve any of this baby, I promised you I'll be there for you and I am. We'll get this sorted"

I looked up, "you are being dragged into something you don't need to be in. This is my fault."

"It's not Brooklyn. It's hers. Peyton caused this. The sooner you forget about her the better, ok?" Jesse spoke.

"It's not that simple Jes. She's hurt me so much." I mumbled.

"I know. She's hurt me too. But I'll be here to help you get over the little bitch."

I smiled, "thank you for being here for me. I appreciate it."

Jesse smiled back, "I always will be."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head into his shoulder. Jesse wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged the life out of me.

"Let's go back upstairs to bed baby" Jesse whispered.

Baby. His baby.

I nodded and he picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs. He gently placed me down on the bed and crawled on top of me.

"I love you idiot" I whispered.

"I love you too idiot" Jesse smirked.

He kissed my lips before getting into bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I turned around so my head rested on his chest.

He's my world, my happiness, my home.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vote

Comment

Share

(494)