49

Jesse's POV.

Gareth and Allison arrived within the hour like he said they would. They were still running tests on Brooklyn and have been since she went in.

She is awake now but the tests are still happening so we can't see her yet. I just need to see her to see if she's ok. I'm not ok, but as long as Brook is then that's all that matters.

"Brooklyn Southgate?" A doctor called.

"Yes" Gareth called back, jumping out of his seat.

"Well the tests are done, Brooklyn knows what's happening now. She's requested to see a Jesse and her father."

Allison thanked the doctor. He told us her room number before excusing himself.

"Well you two should go see her." Allison spoke up.

Myself and Gareth left the other three in the waiting room and made our way down the corridor to see Brooklyn.

"These places creep me out" Gareth spoke.

"You and me both" I replied.

"Look you are obviously scared as am I. But we have to show Brooklyn that we are strong."

"What if these test results are bad?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Gareth spoke.

We reached the private room where Brooklyn was. Gareth knocked the door and walked in. I followed him and closed the door behind me.

"How are you sweetheart?" Gareth asked.

"I lost a baby" Brooklyn mumbled.

I'm sorry. A baby? What?

"You lost a what?"

"A baby dad, I lost a fucking baby I didn't know existed" Brooklyn shouted.

I sat on the bed next to her and allowed her to cry into my shoulder. I rubbed her back for comfort.

"How did you lose the baby?" I quietly asked her.

"The doctors did tests and they found traces of a pill. A spike pill. It's been in my system for a few days, for some reason it hadn't left or whatever. They pumped it out now. But they think someone spiked me" Brooklyn explained.

"It must have been at the party" Gareth spoke.

"And because the pill was so strong my system couldn't handle it being in my body for so long so it made me sick and well killed the baby"

"I'm so sorry baby" I whispered.

"I just don't get how someone could've spiked your drink. You were with Jesse and Isabella all night." Gareth spoke, clearly confused.

"When I arrived I went to the bar and Dele came over to speak to me. He could've done it. But I don't know" Brooklyn explained.

"Right well I'll call a meeting with the boys and I'll talk to them and see if they know anything."

Brooklyn sighed and nodded. She knew Gareth wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"I'm just going to get your mother, Isabella and Marcus. I'll be back" Gareth announced.

He got up off the chair and left the room closing the door behind him.

"I lost our baby Jes" Brooklyn mumbled.

"We can always try again baby. I'm willing too" I quietly told her.

"But that was our first baby and I didn't know it was inside of me"

I sighed, "I know and our little precious baby will always have a special place in our hearts. We'll get through this ok. And if you want to try again, I'm willing too"

"Thank you. I don't appreciate you enough" Brooklyn smiled.

"I love you" I smiled.

"I suppose I love you too"

I shook my head and laughed at her. I bent down and kissed her before pulling her into a hug.

My Girl.

My fucking future.

Whoever did this. They are so fucking dead.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vote

Comment

Share

(612)