107

Brooklyn's POV.

Tonight was our engagement party. There was less than two months until our wedding. I was super excited but also nervous. I wasn't going to be a Southgate anymore, I was about to be a Lingard. Our family will be finally complete.

Camila, James, and Leah were staying with a babysitter tonight. I didn't want to leave my babies but I trusted the babysitter, so I should be fine. I wish they were coming though but it's better if they don't.

I wasn't exactly sure what had been planned for this party. Jesse wouldn't let me be a part of the planning. Him, Marcus, Isabella and Peyton have planned it all, so this should be an interesting party.

••••••••••

It was time to go to the party. I was very excited. I get to see all my favourite people on this occasion so I'm happy about that.

I was wearing a simple black and nude crop top, high waisted white and gold trousers and some black heels. I didn't want to go to over the top with my outfit. I wanted to be simple.

I knew full well my heels would be coming off during the party so I packed socks into my purse just in case

I have been to a party since the one after the World Cup. That was the last one I've been too and that was over a year ago now. The kids have been my main priority and all the wedding planning so I haven't even thought about letting my hair down.

I guess tonight was that time.

•••••••••••••••••

The party was officially in full swing and has been for the last four hours. Everyone seemed to be having a good time,and most of them were very much drunk. The state some of them are in are honestly hilarious.

I was still quite sober, I had only had a few alcoholic drinks as I didn't feel like getting drunk, then doing something I regret. It happens.

"How come you aren't partying?" A voice spoke next to me.

I looked up to see dad stood there with Flynn, both smiling and just all round happy.

"Just needed a break." I replied.

"You are happy aren't you?" Flynn questioned.

"Of course I am Flynn. I just miss the kids that's all."

"No I meant, are you happy to be getting married?"

"Of course I am."

Flynn nodded, smiled at me and walked away, leaving me and dad alone. Dad sat down next to me and stared at me for a while.

"You know that I'm incredibly proud of you." Dad spoke.

"I know dad." I smiled.

"I didn't think I'd be a grandfather. You are the best role model Brook, I love you."

Tears formed in my eyes. I was literally doing him so proud. I didn't even realise he was this proud of me.

"I love you too dad. Your'll always be my main man."

"I know. I'm happy that you are finally happy." Dad spoke, smiling.

I looked over at Jesse to see him laughing and smiling with some of the boys.

"Yeah I guess I am."

"Now go see him and celebrate."

I smiled at him and gave him a hug before getting up and going to see Jesse. The boys saw me straight away and dragged me into a ground breaking hug.

"I do want my fiancé in one piece please." Jesse laughed.

"Leave off we love her." Harry joked.

The boys eventually pulled away and finally allowed me to breathe. Jesse wrapped his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder as the boys continued their conversation.

The boys left myself and Jesse now as they felt like we needed some time to celebrate ourselves.

"I can't wait for our wedding. Your'll be officially mine then." Jesse spoke, pulling me closer.

"I just can't wait to see you in a suit." I smirked.

"Is that so?"

"You know how I feel about it."

Jesse stared at me and smiled. This was really happening. We were about to get married, our future was falling into place.

Jesse Lingard.

My Lingard.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vote

Comment

Share

(709)

So the twins names are James Ellis Lingard and Leah Ann Lingard.