M/ F Reader x Chaeyoung - That Definitely Surprised Me

You and Chaeyoung were best friends. 

Currently, you were in this cafe waiting for her to finish her shift since you were her ride home back and forth. 

You didn't mind seeing as how you come and go to work almost the same time as she does so you offered to give her lifts. 

Plus it gives you time to talk to her during the rides. 

But the truth is...you like her.

Alot.

You just didn't know how to say it and there were other complications as well. 

Chaeyoung is popular...like really popular.

Chaeyoung was a barista at this local cafe. Her specialty was making lattes. 

A- They were delicious. The best around.

B- Her latte art.

Chaeyoung has been a drawer since you both could remember and a fantastic drawer you thought. 

So when she took a job as a barista, she thought about latte art. 

Of course, they weren't perfect at first, but time past and she became really good and since then the cafe exploded with popularity about their latte art and how delicious the drink was that people started coming in. 

In fact it became so popular it was on the papers and #1 latte stop in Seoul. I know I couldn't believe it either. 

Anyway back to your love issues...

While you were waiting on a booth for her shift to end, multiple people in line were trying to talk to her. 

Some were hitting on her and others were flat out asking her out.

I mean why wouldn't you, just one look at her and you'd be hypnotized. 

Yeah she's cute, but being her friend for a long time, you get to know someone really well and you were glad you got to know her. 

Lately you been wanting to be with Chaeyoung more and more, as you start to think about this 'want'. Then you realize, 'I like Chae' you thought. You thought it might pass on, but it kept on growing and seeing the guys hit on her, you were getting mad...'Ok I really like Chae, maybe even love her.' you thought. 

While you were mad, you were also happy since Chae would only give them their drink and change. She would also politely decline all invitations to go on dates. She'll also say thank you to those who said she was cute and  then move on. She's too nice you thought. One of the reasons why you like her.

You decided to be on your phone to pass the time. You didn't realize the time since you were into the video you were watching, until someone was tapping your shoulder. It was Chaeyoung, "Hey I'm ready." She said.

"Oh my bad." You said and you both went out to your car. 

The drive was a bit short talked, you were still thinking about your issue. 

"(YN)...(YN)...(YN)!" You were brought out of your thoughts when, Chaeyoung yelled your name.

"What?"

"Are you ok? You're not usually quiet" She said with a concerned tone and look on her face. 

"Don't worry Chae, I'm just...thinking." You replied.

"About"

"...About how popular you've become...I mean the cafe." You lied, it was about her, but you weren't going to say that.

"Yeah, it's great isn't it. It's just latte art though. Nothing really special." She said.

"Are you kidding me, you're making them, so it's no wonder why it's good."

"You really think I'm good?" She asked.

"The best, honestly I think you surprise me every time I see one of your drawings or these arts. They get better and better each time." You were staring at the road, and its a good thing for Chae since she was blushing at your comment. 

"Thanks (YN). By the way, did you see..." and then you both talked about last night's drama through the ride.

=================

The Next Morning

You were driving Chae back to her cafe. However it was earlier than usual. She called you about an hour before her shift. She asked it this was okay and you said that it was fine. You can never so no to her. It was your day off today anyway, but it didn't matter if you did or not.

"So why so early?" You asked.

"Just wanted to do something before we get busy." You shrug your shoulders and continued driving.

==================

You both arrived and she opened the cafe with her key. Apparently she was opening today.

"Hey today is your day off right. Can you stay with me for a bit?" She asked you as she was walking towards the counter.

"Yeah, sure I'll stay." She smiled at your answer and then said... 

"You know, I don't think I ever made you a latte before." She asked.

"Once I think."

"Really? Well I can't have that, come." She grabbed your hand and she led you behind the counter and toward the latter machine. You were slightly blushing at the contact. Little did you know, she was as well.

"So is there anything you want me to draw?" She asked you as she warmed the machine up.

"Hmm...you know what, surprise me. Anything you do is great anyway." 

She smiled at that and went to work on the latte. "No peeking" she said.

You rolled your eyes. But turned your head away. After about a couple of minutes, she grabbed your attention. "Alright, here you go. I'm sure this will surprise you." She said as she looked into your eyes. 

You look at the latte to see not a drawing, but a message...

You blink your eyes a bit before looking at Chaeyoung with a perplexed look

Before you know it, Chaeyoung gave you a peck on the lips. You were shocked and barely held on to the latte. She pulled away.

"Well, how was that." She asked with a blush on her cheeks.

"Um...Um...that definitely surprised me." 

"So..." She asked.

"I love you too." And you put the cup down and brought her to a hug and then you both kissed to commemorate your new relationship.