Reader x Jihyo - Looking Out For You (Part 1)

Words: 6314 

Edited with more words and better flow/grammar

============================================================

It was early as usual, and you were the first one in class, since you had nothing else to do.

You walked into class, ready for the boring lecture set for today, but today had a surprise for you.

Behind your seat, was a girl you've never seen before.

She was sitting there looking at her phone.

You went towards the teacher who was at her desk.

"Um, teach?"

"Hmm," You used your eyes to motion to the girl. "Oh, she's a new transfer student. It's her first day here. That's also her new seat by the way."

"Ahh, okay. Thanks." The teacher nodded and you went towards your seat, which was in front of hers.

She looked up and you waved your hand. She was really cute.

"Hey. My name is (YN). I'm guessing you're new here?" You asked.

"Jihyo, sorry, my English...not so good." She said with a bit of trouble.

"It's fine," You then looked down to see her handwriting, it was in Korean, "Korean right?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?" She nodded a bit surprised.

"Mannaseo Bangawoyo" (It's nice to meet you)

"You know Korean as well?" She said in her language.

"Yeah, my dad's side is actually Korean so I know Korean." You said in Korean.

(You're speaking Korean to her from here on out.)

"Hey, do you need someone to help you out? I'll show you around and everything, I can even teach you English if you want."

Her face looked surprised.

"Sorry, I know it's sudden, but I don't want you to be lost or anything."

"Oh no no, it's just that I don't want to waste your time though, and no offense, but you don't even know me." She said.

"Well, I know your name so that's good enough for me. Besides, it's much easier with a person translating than the machine you have." You said pointing at her translator, which was a mini laptop that she typed into to get her translation.

She looked back and forth at you and the mini laptop. Then she closed the laptop and put it away.

"Then (YN), I'll take your offer." She said smiling as you smiled back.

That was the start of a new friendship...

----------------------------------------------

Throughout the next couple of months, she was by your side whenever you both had classes. You did not mind one bit though. You were helping her with her assignments, notes and even teaching her the basics of English.

She was learning pretty quickly, but she said that she was learning lessons at home to, so it was no wonder she was learning quickly.

By this time she was getting used to the language and soon was able to understand some of the lessons too. She was very thankful for your help.

You just waved your hand and said that it was nothing.

Soon both were hanging out outside of class: showing her around the city, taking her to your favorite places to eat, the mall, even each other's places.