Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises (Part 1)

For Notkryozzzzz

Sorry it took me so so long for this, but here is part 1 of your request.

ENJOY

(CN) - Child name
(BN) - Boyfriend Name

==========================================================

When you were five years old, you were told that you were going to be part of a wedding.

One of your father's close business associates was getting married, and since he had no young men in his family, your dad volunteered you for the job.

Young, you didn't really care all that much about what this occasion meant.

You just knew that you had to walk down the aisle with a pillow with a couple of rings on it, and then there was a party that you got to eat cake.

Your mother told you that a little girl named Kim Dahyun, another business associate's child was going to be the flower girl.

You pulled a pinched face when you heard you would have to hang out with a girl, but went along with the plan nonetheless.

The day came when everyone was running around in pretty dresses and flowers everywhere.

Your mother brought Dahyun to you, all dressed in her puffy flower girl getup that she couldn't stop playing with, and told you to entertain her while the grown-ups got ready.

They stood there staring at each other for quite some time before the bride cooed over what a beautiful picture they would make.

So with some prompting and posing, they stood as if they were slow dancing.

You just looked down at her, trying to figure out why exactly you were posed in this way, and she up at you with a mix of curiosity and awe.

Both parents fawned over them, cooing about how beautiful they looked together, how cute.

It wasn't until after they were finished being fussed over that they introduced themselves with shy smiles.

You asked Dahyun if she wanted to play outside, deciding that maybe this girl wasn't as bad as you thought.

She nodded excitedly, but before they could get away, they were ushered towards the wedding hall, small pouts adorning both faces.

They sat through the wedding without fuss, but only ten minutes after they'd made it to the reception, they ran into the backyard at full speed and Dahyun got grass stains all over her knees, or at least where her knees would be in a poofy dress.

You were both fast friends after that.

As it turned out, your mom and (DMN), Dahyun's mother, had become just as fast of friends as their children and lived only a few blocks away.

As both mothers spent hours in the living room chatting and drinking too much tea, you and Dahyun lived out every adventure they could dream of as only children could.

They made pillow forts in the living room and played pirates in the backyard.

They ran free in the woods that surrounded Dahyun's house, sword fighting with sticks they found on the ground.

They watched movies snuggled under blankets with cartoon characters with pillows that were just as good for fighting as they were for resting.

The two became inseparable, spending every moment they were allowed together as the years passed.