Male Reader x Nayeon - The Usual

Regular Customer Male Reader x Barista Nayeon

Shoutout to TylerRosecrans for the idea...I know I suck for putting this idea on hold for a while, but I hope you enjoy the read.

Before we get to this, happy (early) birthday and shoutout to my man Jaksmit124.  Here's hoping that you have a very special day on your day, my friend!

WORD COUNT: 14594

ENJOY!!!

===========================================================

It would be a lie if Nayeon were to say she wasn't nervous today.

It was the first day of her new job behind the counter of a famous coffee shop, the only one of three on the side in the city.

Think of it as a more elegant Starbucks. 

Bigger, more elegant, and busier.

Nayeon has come here quite a few times with friends and sometimes family. The coffee and treats were decent, not the best, but the place was very relaxing and comforting as she and her friends would often stay to do homework with the free wi-fi.

Naturally, the place got a lot of business and did rather well, considering there was hardly any competition once word got out of them being the top.

Nayeon figured that she'd need to get a job sooner or later and with college funds, she'd need to help her parents out as well. Her parents appreciated it and insisted it would be a good experience for her future too and Nayeon was permitted to do whatever she pleased with the money she earned if she had any to spare.

Presently, her father had just parked their car in the parking lot, and Nayeon nervously unbuckled her seat belt.

She might've felt a bit better about all of this if one of her friends were working together with her, but they were either A- too busy or B- too lazy.

Therefore, Nayeon was about to start working with the staff she didn't know personally, people she'd never met before. Maybe she'll recognize a face or two from ordering.

And though her father wasn't that far from work due to him being the same hours and a few buildings away; she couldn't shake the feeling that she was going to be more or less completely alone in this place.

She'd never been the best at making friends and having only two hadn't exactly helped with her social skills.

Luckily for her, this week would be a trial run, and if she ended up feeling too uncomfortable with the job, her parents were going to allow her to quit.

'You can do it Nay,' Nayeon reminded herself. 'You can handle this, no problem.'

But it wasn't so much the co-workers she was concerned about; she was efficient enough to do her job with or without them.

She was more worried about the strange kind of customers they could potentially be getting; she'd heard horror stories from people who worked in retail or in shops about the sheer caliber of "odd" some people could be.

As she unbuckled herself and stepped out of the car, Nayeon dusted off her blue mini skirt, briefly wondering why she'd gone through the trouble of dressing nicely from the waist down when all people were going to see of her would be from above the counter.