twenty two.

taehyung's pov

jungkook didn't say anything on the way back to the hospital. he held my hand with his right hand as he gripped the steering wheel with the left.

when we meet up with jin and namjoon outside the room, they eyed our hands suspiciously. i flushed as i looked down at my feet.

jungkook cleared his throat as he looked down at me, watching my facial expression for any sort of discomfort.

i squeezed his hand as a sign of encouragement. he breathed in deeply and walked me through the door.

his mother looked our way as soon as we walked in. she looked shocked to see that jungkook was not alone. we stood at the foot of the bed, as i shyly hid behind jungkook.

i gulped harshly as i tried to smile at her. her tired eyes looked at me warmly before she spoke.

"jungkook, sweetheart, who is this gorgeous boy?"

jungkook pulled me forward, showing me off to his mother. i blushed at her compliment as i giggled softly.

"this is taehyung. he's special to me."

jungkook's mother looked at us with an unreadable expression. her smile widened as she seemed to register his words.

"hi!" i blurted out as i waved my hands infront of me.

jungkook and his mother laughed at my outburst at the same time. i gave them a boxed smile as jungkook hugged me to his side.

"i'm happy you found someone like taehyung, jungkook."