thirty five.

taehyung's pov

it was monday after school, when i finally saw jimin walking out of his last class. my eyes widened in shock when i saw his physical state.

his under eyes were sunken in and darker than usual. his eyes appeared bloodshot like he had been crying for a long time.

he appeared to have lost a lot of weight in the few days that he was gone. his face looked thinner, not to mention he looked sickly pale.

when he saw me approaching him, he tried to run away but it was too late.

"jimin! where have you been?"

"o-oh-hey taehyung." he smiled but it looked more like a grimace.

i knew it was serious when he called me taehyung. he had never called me that before.

"minnie, what's wrong?" i pleaded.

"i-it's nothing." he tried to play it off.

"jimin-please. i know when something is bothering you. was it something i did? is it because of jungkook and i?"

"tae...i just...i can't, okay!" he turned to walk away but i grabbed his arm, pulling him back to look at me.

"jimin! don't walk away, talk to me-"

"okay you want to really know what's wrong?! what's wrong is that i've lost my only chance to be with the person i've been in-love with for the past 7 years of my life! it angers me to know that he's in the arms of someone else. seeking comfort in someone that isn't me."

"...jimin. who are you talking about? i didn't even know you were..."

"god, taehyung. are you seriously that oblivious? i'm in love with you. why cant you see that." jimin cried, tears of frustration leaking from his eyes.

my blood ran cold at his confession. my best friend was in love with me.

my lips parted as the shock set in. when did things get so complicated?

i didn't know what to reply. i stared at him as he cried, desperately trying to brush away his tears.

and that's when my guilt set in. how did i not realize this earlier? how was i unaware of jimin's feelings for me for the past 7 years of my life?

"jimin-" my eyes became glossy as i tried to gather my thoughts.

"you don't have to say anything. i know you're happy with jungkook. it just hurt so much to see you walk in with him. to see you hold someone else's hand in a romantic manner. i'm sorry for ruining our friendship." jimin released a sob at the end, before he turned and took off running.

i watched him go, having no idea what to say in that moment.

my tears fell continuously after that, feeling like it was the end of something.