forty two.

jungkook's pov

tiny beads of sweat formed on my forehead as i watched for taehyung's father's reaction.

he looked emotionless for a few second before his face broke and he was quick to cover his expression.

my eyes widened lightly as i realized that he was crying.

mr.kim had always been the goofy parent who tried to keep up with the latest teenage trend.

always trying to make us laugh with his ridiculous dad jokes.

i quickly came to think of him as a father figure in my life. i deeply admired his love for his family, something i never had growing up.

so to see that man break, was absolutely devastating in a way.

"mr.kim-"

i stopped abruptly once i saw his hand slightly raise, signaling for me to give him a moment. so i did.

"jungkook... you don't know how long i have been waiting for this day," he chuckles, sniffling lightly.

i smiled lightly, my heart beating wildly in my chest with anticipation.

"as any other parent, it's always been a dream of mine to see taehyung get married. i have got to admit, at first i was a bit skeptical about you. the way you carried yourself seemed drastically different than what taehyung was used to... but then i started seeing how different you were around him. the way you always put him first, always trying your best to keep him happy. and i deeply admire that jungkook. i know taehyung is in good hands with you. and i know how much you two love eachother and that's all that matters.

so yes. you have my permission to marry my son."

-

can't wait for taehyung's reaction uwu💜