thirty six.

taehyung's pov

after jimin's confession, i found myself knocking on jungkook's door. i was full on sobbing by the time i got to his house.

when the door swung open, jungkook stood there with a surprised expression before he noticed i was crying.

"hey beautiful- what's wrong gorgeous? don't cry.. sshh-it's okay. you're okay." he wrapped his strong arms around me as i hugged him tightly.

he managed to get me inside before sitting us down on his couch. i was feeling extremely grateful that his mother wasn't home.

he pushed me onto his lap, causing me to straddle him. in any other circumstance, i would've been embarrassed of our position but i needed to feel him that close to me.

he had my head laying on his chest as one hand rubbed circles on my back while the other cradled my head.

he didn't ask anything, just sat with me as my sobs slowly turned to soft whimpers and sniffles. i felt bad when i realized how wet his shirt was with my tears. but he didn't seem to mind at all.

"want to talk about it?" he spoke softly.

"i-i spoke to jimin earlier."

"yeah- what did he say? did he make you cry?" jungkook spoke gently, his voice changing slightly at his last words.

"h-he..." i couldn't finish my sentence, recalling how sad jimin looked as he poured his heart out.

"he, what love? did he touch you? if he did-" jungkook tightened his grip on my body.

"no! h-he told me he is in love with me."