fifty three.

taehyung's pov

i was seventeen when i realized that death is utterly inevitable. it is the path that we are all destined for, some earlier than others.

the last few days that we spent in the hospital room with jungkook's mother changed our lives forever.

the cancer in her body had spread out to other organs, too strong for her to handle.

at my age i had never witnessed the slow process of death in another human being. i had watched it countless of times on television but no one ever mentioned how different it was in the real world.

everyday i woke up praying that it wouldn't be her last. it worked for a little while. until one day, it didn't.

it was a friday, around 3:00am when i received the call. i vividly remember how inaudible jungkook's voice sounded, but i already knew what had happened.

i sat in my bed for a few minutes, my mind racing with all the memories i had shared with that woman. that incredibly strong, woman.

the feeling i was experiencing was indescribable. i didn't know whether to scream, or cry. the realization that she wasn't coming back.

she wouldn't be there to watch her son graduate from school. or help him move out for college. she wouldn't be attending his wedding. she wouldn't get to watch him grow up.

and that hurt more than anything in the world.