four.

jungkook's pov

"j-jungkookie? are you awake?" i felt taehyung whimper quietly from beside me.

i groggily opened my eyes to see pitch black around me. i groaned tiredly, as i felt taehyung's arms wrapped tightly around my naked torso.

"yes baby. what's wrong?" i answered, biting my tongue back from saying something sarcastic that i knew would hurt his feelings.

"i had a nightmare again." taehyung's scared voice whispered by my ear.

i turned to my alarm clock, seeing the bright red numbers showing '3:23 a.m'.

"it's okay. you're okay." i whispered soothingly to the small boy in my arms.

i kissed the top of his head as he buried his face into my chest.

"i-it was scary." he mumbled as his figure shook violently.

i rubbed his back slowly, almost like a baby.

"i know sweet. go back to sleep now. im here to protect you." i whispered, my eyes threatening to close shut any second.

"o-okay." he whispered, still shaken up.

-

the next morning, i was hesitant to ask taehyung what he had dreamt.

he had been having recurring nightmares for the past week now. not every single day, but it was more frequent than usual.

i watched as his tired eyes drifted from his school work over to the bed. all the sleepless nights were catching up to him.

i slowly walked over to his desk where he was working and closed his textbook shut.

"c'mon love. let's get you to bed." i gently lifted him off of his chair.

"n-no! i don't want to sleep. i-im scared." i watched sadly as taehyung's eyes filled with fear.

"do you want to talk about it?" i asked softly, curious myself to know what was causing him to be afraid.

it was silent for a few seconds before he replied, his voice wavering.

"it's always the same. im running. i-i don't know where i am. i just know that i have to get to you... and then i see you. you're standing there, waiting for me to jump in your arms. but- i-i can't. i never make it to you.-"

taehyung is practically hyperventilating at this point, tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.

"baby, it's okay. you don't have to continue-" i try to interrupt him but he cuts me off too.

"no, just listen. im so close to you. i always think im going to make it. and then all of a sudden, i feel this p-pain in my s-stomach. i don't know how it happens but someone s-stabs me, jungkook. i-i never see their face, it's like a b-b-blur."