twenty three.

taehyung's pov

we stayed in ms. jeon's hospital room for a few hours before visiting hours were over. we parted ways but not before jungkook's mother hugged me as tightly as she could.

i was estatic that his mother liked me. it made me feel warm inside.

she had told me about her cancer. when she had first noticed the small lump, almost nonexistent if you didn't pay close attention.

it was breast cancer.

she was receiving chemotherapy to treat it, which resulted in her hair loss. she started tearing up as she spoke about giving up her hair.

i told her she looked beautiful without it.

jungkook kissed the side of my head after i said that. he looked like he wanted to cry again so i smiled at him.

she told jungkook to take care of me and to never let me go. i didn't understand what she meant. i had to get home at some point.

she had to stay at the hospital a few more days to get some more tests done. jungkook promised her he would be back the following day.

i smiled at him reassuringly as we walked out hand in hand.

"thank you for letting me meet your mommy."

and jungkook suddenly stopped in his step, turned to look at me, and in that moment, in the middle of the empty parking lot, he leaned in and kissed me.