Cup of tea - George Russell

You knew George would be back home soon after an important meeting, so you made sure water was in the kettle, ready to heat, and his favourite type of tea already in a cup. Whatever mood he would be in when he gets home, he would enjoy a cup of tea.

You had moved in with him a couple months ago, in his nice apartment in Oxford, UK. You were both young, only 20, but you didn't hesitate a minute when he asked you to move in with him. Between your literature studies and his work, you barely had time to see each other. You were busy during the week and he was away most weekends, racing a fast car at the other end of the world. You tried to go to some races, but only those in Europe as you weren't crazy rich and had to be able to go to school on the next day, or those that really mattered. In a month, you were supposed to accompany him to Abu Dhabi. It was the last race of the season and he would most probably be the Formula 2 champion, of course you wouldn't miss it.

Living together was a big step, but it was a good way for you to see each other often. On the evenings, you would tell him all about the last Shakespeare play you studied, and he would tell you how fast he was in the simulator. It was atypical, but it was your life, and you wouldn't change it for anything.

"Babe?"

George came back a little later than you expected. You were so impatient, you were literally counting the seconds. The meeting George was at could be life changing, for both him and you. You couldn't wait for him to tell you all about it, and hopefully it would be good news.

You switched the kettle on for the water to boil and quickly made your way to the living room where George was taking his coat off. He had a smile on his face, but then he was a smiley guy so that didn't mean anything really.

"How did it go?" You asked, carefully facing him. Your arms surrounded his waist and he left a small kiss on your cheek.

"What do you think?" His smile was reaching his eyes.

"I don't know! Tell me, I've been dying of impatience all afternoon." You pouted, knowing he couldn't resist when you did that. He hugged you tight and whispered in your ear.

"Your boyfriend is a Formula 1 driver, babe."

Your eyes widened. Sure, you knew it was a possibility, but it was still a surprising news. Only 20 persons in the world could drive a Formula 1 each year, and your boyfriend was one of them. What are the chances?

"For real?"

"Yes, for real. I'll be driving a Williams in Formula 1 next season!"

You yelled and jumped in his arms, your legs around his waist and his hands securing your back. You took his head between your hands and left kisses all around his face. He was chuckling at your reaction and you could swear you never heard him laugh like that before. It was pure happiness.

"I'm so so proud of you, George! Look at that, you're making me cry." You giggled as you felt tears rolling on your cheeks and tried to erase them. "I knew you could do it, I always knew. You're my champion."

"Thank you for everything, Y/N." His face turned serious again, his fingers brushing the hair in front of your face. "I owe it all to you. You believed in me even when I didn't. I love you!"

"I love you too, George. But you're wrong, you don't owe me anything. You deserve this, because you worked so hard for it. I can't wait to see you in your new car." You kissed him gently on his lips. Your heart fluttered because he was looking at you with so much love. You slid from his waist, your feet touching the ground again. "Come on, I made some tea."

You took his hand and guided him to the kitchen. He sat in front of the cup you already prepared for him. You grabbed the kettle and a small bottle of him, as you knew he always put some in his tea, like British do. You poured the hot water in his cup and yours, the tea herbs quickly colouring the water, and a nice scent enveloping the air.

"So, tell me all about it!" You said excitedly and his smile was back on his face just by remembering the previous events of the day.

"So I met Franck and Claire."

"Williams?"

"Yeah."

"God! How was it?"

"Impressive." He chuckled. "But it was great. I felt like a kid in front of his idol, you know?"

"I bet!" You took a sip of your tea and found yourself mesmerized by his blue eyes. It wasn't news, you were often drown to his eyes, but this time you found something new in them. Staring at him, you pushed your stilettos away from your feet. One of your feet found its way towards George, gently caressing the inside of his leg towards his inner thigh. You saw him almost choke on his tea and gulp loudly as you felt something growing against your foot. "Finish your tea quickly so I can congratulate you like you deserve."