Daddy's baby girl - Daniel Ricciardo

This is for my babe ricciardoaf ! I really hope you like this 💖💖

---

"It's my first day back to work." You murmured, still sleepy, when your alarm clock rang. You snuggled closer into Daniel's bare chest and sighed peacefully.

"Don't go." He pulled you closer to his warm body. "We could spend the day together."

"You know I can't, babe." You chuckled.

Daniel kissed your jaw, trying to convince you to stay in bed, but cries interrupted you. Your 2 months daughter had woken up in the room next door. Your husband sighed, his lips still on your skin.

"Can you take care of her, Dan? I need to have a shower."

Daniel nodded and reluctantly let you go into the bathroom while he got up to see why Y/D/N was crying. She was probably angry.

It was the end of your maternity leave and today was your first day back to work. You were working as an engineer at the Red Bull factory, that's actually how you met Daniel. It was the winter break for the drivers, but it was the time of the year you had the most work to do, as you had to make sure the new car was ready for the 2018 season. Daniel was whining because he said that when he finally had some time off, you had to work. At least he could take care of your daughter and spend some time with her before the new season.

When you were showered, dressed and had put some makeup on your face, you joined Daniel downstairs. He had prepared everything for your breakfast: your orange juice was freshly squeezed, your bread toasted and your favourite jam was on the table. You kissed his cheek to thank him and took Y/D/N from the high chair. The baby girl laughed when you left butterfly kisses on her cheek and you handed her to Daniel so he could feed her some milk.

"Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, alright? I'll keep my phone with me. Oh and try to read her a story before you put her to bed, it's never too early! I want to turn her into a gifted kid." You told Daniel as you put your coat on, ready to leave the house.

"We'll be fine, won't we, Y/D/N?" Daniel asked your daughter who was smiling in his arms. You knew Daniel was a great dad, but it was the first time you were leaving her for so long. It was normal to be worried, who wouldn't be?

After some reassuring words, you finally entered your car to go into the factory in Milton Keynes, a couple of miles away from your house.

Everyone back at the factory was happy to see you again. Of course they all knew you were married to the star driver and that the both of you had a baby, but none of them had seen her yet, except for a very few who came at the hospital after you gave birth. You spent most of the morning talking to each one of the employees instead on working on the new car.

You called Daniel during your lunch break to make sure everything was OK. Y/D/N was asleep, and he told you he had read her some Australian story for children before putting her to bed.

You finally got back to work in the afternoon. The car was gorgeous. There were still a couple of things to fix before the winter testing in Barcelona, but except that it was all good. You were also waiting for the new Renault engine to arrive, and this was always a delicate operation.

It was mid-afternoon when you heard a lot of noise, people were talking and gathering at the entrance of the main room in which the mechanics were working. You raised your head only to see Daniel and your daughter in his arms. You shook your head with a smile and left your computer to join them.

"Isn't she the prettiest!"

"You guys did such a great job."

"She looks so much like you!"

Everyone was amazed with Y/D/N. Daniel finally spotted you and came closer, handing you the baby girl.

"We thought we should come see mommy." He explained. "And I admit I wanted to show off." He grinned.

"I missed you so much my baby! How was the day with daddy? Did you have fun?" Of course the little girl didn't answer anything, she just grabbed a strand of your hair and played with it. You handed her back to Daniel so that he could finish showing her to each employee.

You watched your husband from afar. Proudness was printed on his face. He kept playing with Y/D/N to make her laugh, and the baby girl would huddle into him when he introduced her to someone she didn't know. It was the first time she met so many people at the same time. She was at the centre of the attention.

Daniel waited until you finished your work and the three of you joined the parking lot to go back to your cars.

"Thank you so much for coming here with her. I loved it."

"Ah, honestly I was so bored at home and I was missing you like hell. So was she. So, you know, we thought we should surprise you."

"I wish I could take her with me every day." You sighed. "It will be tough during the race weekends. I don't know if I'll be able to leave her for so long."

"You know, about that, I thought we could ask our parents to come with us each in turn. They could look after our baby girl while we're working, but they'll stay in the garage so we'll be able to see her."

"Actually, that's a pretty good idea." You nodded. "Come on, let's go home. I know a little girl who's pretty tired." You added when you saw your daughter yawn and huddle against her daddy's neck.

"See you at home, babe." Dan kissed you tenderly of your lips and you put a small kiss on Y/D/N's head, waving them goodbye. You hoped in your car, excited to get home and spend a cosy night with your perfect little family.