All I want for Christmas is you - Nyck de Vries

This was also published yesterday as a special chapter on RIVALRY, my Nyck de Vries book. Sorry to those who have already read it. Merry Christmas everyone!

---

Only a few metres left and you would cross the finish line. It had been a long hard race, but the victory was very close now. In your rear-view mirror you spotted an orange car, trying to get past you in the last corner. Nyck's McLaren. You kept your eyes right onto him to avoid his attack, trying to figure out his next move. You were still ahead after the last corner and the chequered flag was waved in front of you.

"I win, nah!" You threw the joystick on the couch and jumped in front of a sulking Nyck.

"Hopefully that's just a game, we both know it'll be very different in real cars next season."

"I'll still be before you, de Vries. You love looking at me from behind, anyway." You straddled Nyck who was still lazily lying on the couch. His hands immediately grabbed your butt to pull you closer to his body. Your hands were lying on his pectoral, stroking his torso through his cashmere pullover. You kissed his lips, teasingly pulling away when he wanted to deepen the kiss. "Have you stopped sulking yet?" Your mouth left his to kiss his jaw all the way to his ear, pulling on his earlobe with your teeth.

Nyck raised himself from the couch, still holding you as you crossed your legs around his waist. He turned you two around to lie you on the couch so he could hover you, careful not to crush you. Just as he was about to kiss you, Torino jumped on the couch and started barking at Nyck. He sighed and pulled away from you.

"I swear that dog is a cock block."

Torino was a black and white cocker Nyck and you bought it a few months ago to celebrate your moving in together. He was named after Turin, the city where everything started between you two. He was a bit like your baby. You took him everywhere with you, to friends, to the factory, to races, everywhere. Nyck loved the dog, but Torino liked you better than him. He had this jealous attitude, every time Nyck was kissing you or messing with you, the dog would bark at Nyck and nestle against your legs. You thought he wanted to get attention and he was jealous when Nyck had your attention and not him.

"We have to prepare dinner if we want to eat something tonight, anyway!" You pushed Nyck away from you and raised from the couch.

"You're sure? I don't mind having you for dinner, babe." The smirk you used to hate and now loved was back. Sometimes you wondered if this guy could smile normally.

"I know your trainer told you to be fit enough for a F1 car for next season, but it doesn't mean you have to tire me down, de Vries." You gave his shoulder a small punch that made him laugh more than it hurt him.

"You need to be fit too, it's only fair that I help you." He shrugged, still that cheeky smile on his face.

You didn't bother to answer him. You went into the kitchen to start preparing your Christmas dinner. It was your first time celebrating Christmas together, last year you did it with your parents. It was also your first Christmas in your new house, in Monaco, that you two bought a few months ago. You were so excited that you bought your own Christmas tree and decorated it by yourselves.

You were determined to prepare your Christmas dinner, even though you didn't know much about cooking. You refused to buy something already prepared, or go to the restaurant, or hire a chef for the evening like Nyck suggested. Your mum gave you some advice, you were ready to prepare your own Christmas dinner.

Nyck helped you and you spent at least two hours in the kitchen, preparing the whole meal. It may not be the most delicious thing ever, but at least you did it by yourselves, and that's what mattered the most. You cherished those moments where there were only the two of you, acting like any other couple. You knew it would be more difficult in a few months.