76. - Pierre Gasly

For _marisatamayo 😘😘

---

"Jensen?"

You turned around to come face to face with Marco, your ex-boyfriend, your first love.

"Marco? What are you doing here? I thought you were in Paris." You exclaimed. You hadn't seen him for years. Your relationship wasn't healthy. It was intense but he was manipulative and, somehow, he always found a way for you to do what he wanted. You only understood that once you broke up with him, after he left Normandy to study in Paris.

"I'm just visiting my family." He still had that gorgeous smile.

"Oh, right."

"I missed you, Jensen, it's been too long!"

"Yeah, quite long indeed." You smiled politely.

"How about we grab a drink tonight? I want to know everything about your life."

"Sure, why not!"

"8 pm, our place?" You shivered at the pronoun he used. "Our place" is the place you used to meet, the place you shared your first kiss, the place he told you he was leaving for Paris. You hadn't step a foot in this café ever since he left.

"I'll be there." You nodded before you turned your trolley around to the vegetables area. You definitely didn't expect to see him today. It had been so long! Only a few minutes talking to him and you felt under his spell again. This guy had so much power over you!

When you came home, Pierre had just finished his training. He gave you a kiss on your temple to not bother you with his sweat and helped you tidy the food you bought from the store.

Pierre used to be your childhood best friend. When you arrived in Rouen from England at 8, he was the only kid at school trying to communicate with you. You accompanied him to his races each weekend, he helped you study for your exams. You were inseparable. When you started dating Marco, Pierre and you didn't see each other as much. Pierre saw that Marco had a bad influence on you, but you were in love and didn't listen to your best friend. He's the one who helped you with your heartbreak, though. And a year later, your friendship turned into love. Pierre and you have been dating for 2 years now and you moved in with him a couple of months ago.

"I'm going out tonight." You told him after he took his shower.

"With the girls?" Pierre thought you were talking about your friends.

"No, I'm having a drink with Marco."

"Marco? Marco your ex?" Pierre's eyes were opened in surprise.

"Yes, this Marco. I ran into him in the supermarket, he's visiting his parents. Pierre made a snort of disapproval. "What?" You asked. Of course you knew he wouldn't approve.

"He's just trying to get you back."

"Of course not. We haven't seen each other in years, it will be nice to catch up."

"You're naïve if you think that. Don't you remember what he did to you?" Pierre was angry now.

"It wasn't that bad." You shrugged.

"It wasn't that bad? He literally shut your personality off! We didn't speak for months because he forbade you to! Damn, he already messed with your head again." He was pacing in the living room, pushing a hand through his hair.

"Stop thinking I'm vulnerable. I don't need you to protect me. We're just going to catch up! You always act like I'm easily influenced, but I'm not, I can make my own choices, so stop taking that away from me."

"Alright." Pierre put both his hands up in surrender. "Have a drink with him, let him mess with your head. But keep your eyes open, Jensen, cause this guy is a terrible manipulator and you know it."

You didn't answer and just left to your room to choose your outfit for the night. Once you were ready, you left the house without a glance for Pierre. He was getting on your nerves too much anyway. He acted like you were just a stupid easy girl. You weren't 16 anymore.

The night with Marco was nice. You felt like a teenage girl again, it was just like your first date. You had so many memories with him and with this place. He told you about his studies and you told him and yours. You told him about Pierre being your boyfriend too, and like you expected, he didn't say anything except that he was happy for you. Of course he didn't want you back, Pierre was wrong.

"I missed you a lot, Jensen."

"I missed you too Marco, we should keep in touch more often!"

"You're even prettier than I remembered." Marco gently grabbed your hand that was on the table and linked your fingers through his. You didn't feel a rush of excitement like you used to, you just felt uncomfortable.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"I was stupid to leave you. We were good together. We should give us another shot, Jensen."

You sniggered and brutally took your hand away from his.

"Pierre was right, goddamnit, you're still the same guy you were 4 years ago."

"What? No, Jensen, come back." You left the table and the café to join your car parked nearby. You heard him call your name but you didn't turn around. You couldn't believe he almost fooled you again. How could you have trusted him over Pierre?

You took your shoes off after you entered your house. You found Pierre watching TV in your room. You smiled at the sight. He was the one that you loved, the one who always treated you right.

"You were right." You whispered but it was loud enough for him to hear. He turned the TV off and made room for you in the bed, inviting you in.

"Come here." You lied next to him and sighed. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"No, don't worry. I was stupid, again."

"No you're not, you just like to see the best in people. But you have to understand that, sometimes, some people don't have anything good to give you."

"He's the same that he used to be. I'm sorry I trusted him over you."

Pierre laid a kiss in your hair.

"He doesn't deserve you. He never did."

"You can say 'I told you so', you know. I won't get mad."

Pierre chuckled. He knew how much you didn't like this sentence. He didn't say it though, he just took your head between his hands and whispered close to your lips.

"I love you Jensen. I always will. And I'll never let any man get close to you ever again." Through his whispers, you perceived the intensity of his voice and his words. He was still a bit mad that you left him to have a drink with your ex tonight.

"I like when you're acting jealous and possessive."

"Oh really? Let me show you how jealous and possessive I am, then." His lips were pushed on yours roughly. His hands hugged your body with strength and you were sure it would leave bruises. You didn't mind though. That night, Pierre marked his territory all over you and you fell deeper in love with him than you already were.