69. - Lewis Hamilton

Some Lewis stuff for Lewilca ! xx

---

You were panicking. You had some doubts, but everything became clear when you saw the positive test. You were pregnant.

This was a mistake, or at least it wasn't planned. Your boyfriend and you had talked about children before but you weren't ready for one yet. Lewis was at the peak of his career and you enjoyed working as a lawyer. Having a baby was life changing, for sure. You didn't know what to think about it yet, all you knew was that you needed to tell Lewis. You would make a decision together.

"How was your day, Y/N?" He greeted you when he came back home. He was working at the factory at the moment, which rarely happened.

"Good! It was good. Hm, I need to tell you something." You said hesitantly.

"Yeah sure, what is it about?"

"Well, hmmm, I just found out that I am pregnant." You almost whispered the last part, not daring to say it out loud. It would only make it all more real.

"P-pregnant?" Lewis' eyes were as big as tennis balls. He stumbled backwards and you noticed his stare focused on your face, not looking once at your stomach full with a growing baby.

You nodded, unsure of his reaction. You didn't expect him to be thrilled about it, but deep down you hoped he would be.

"I have to go." He whispered and turned around, grabbing his coat and leaving you standing alone in your London apartment.

You held back your tears and waited for Lewis for hours. You thought he just needed some time alone to process everything and that, eventually, he would come and hold you tight. But he didn't. You packed a bag and left the house the first thing in the morning, falling into your mother's arms.

You didn't hear from Lewis for a couple of weeks. You didn't text or call him, not wanting to be ignored even more than you already were. You told your parents everything and, hopefully, they were supportive with whatever choice you made.

You were more at peace with the thought of being pregnant. It came as a shock, sure, but now that it had settled in, you couldn't help but imagine what your life would be with a baby. And it would be wonderful. You always knew you wanted to have a kid someday. And you were ready. With or without Lewis, you would raise your child into a great person. You just hoped he would grow up with his father by his side.

"Y/N, it's for you!" You mum called from the front door. The doorbell had rung and she had opened the door. You sighed, not wanting to leave your comfortable spot on the couch, and joined the front door. Facing you was Lewis Hamilton. You mother had discreetly escaped to the kitchen.

The first thing you noticed was how tired he looked. He probably just came back from New York, Shanghai or some other foreign city. He had his eyes fixed on your stomach. You were barely showing, no one could guess you were pregnant.

"What do you want, Lewis?" You crossed your arms over your chest and didn't invite him in yet.

"I'm sorry." You raised an eyebrow. Lewis was not the kind to apologize and you knew it took some efforts from him to do so.

"Go on."

"I was stupid, I-I didn't know how to react. I was not expecting this, and I ran instead of facing it with you. I acted like a coward, I know it. I shouldn't have let you deal with this on your own because I know you're probably just as terrified as I am. I want you to know that I'll support you, whatever your decision."

"It's not my decision, Lewis. It's ours. This baby is as much yours as it is mine." Talking about it like a 'baby' was slowly becoming a habit for you.

"And I know what I want. And I'm pretty sure I know what you want too. I'm ready, Y/N. I thought I wasn't but with you I know I can do this. I want this. A family. With you."

"It's not something you can step away from, Lewis." You shook your head as tears were threatening to fall from your eyes. "You're either all in or you're out. You can't say that you want this baby only to deny it in a few months. You can't do that to him nor I."

"I know all of that, Y/N. And I promise you I'm all in. I mean, damn, can you imagine? You, me, and our little baby? I'm ecstatic!"

You started sobbing, filled with joy that Lewis would take his responsibilities and that he was actually happy about this. He entered the house and closed the door behind him to take you into his comforting arms. You felt him breathe in your scent, his nose in your hair.

"Please come home. I miss you." He whispered and tightened his hold on you. You nodded and he took a step back.

His hands delicately lied down on your stomach. You could feel he was nervous about touching you, as if he unintentionally would hurt your baby.

"Hi baby, it's daddy. I love you very much and I can't wait to meet you." You giggled as Lewis talked to your stomach. That's when you knew he would be an amazing father and you could always count on him.