66. - Mitch Evans

This is a request from the sweetest, DannyRicc17 💖 Check out her latest story about Artem Markelov, it's my favourite thing to read at the moment.

---

"This was another great night!" You exclaimed, a bit tipsy, in front of you hotel bedroom's door. Mitch had been nice enough to come back to the hotel with you. When you said you were tired and wanted to leave the club, he didn't let you to walk alone in the streets of Santiago.

It was Saturday night, or more exactly Sunday morning since it was very late at night. The team had been celebrating the first podium of the season in a club downtown. As a member of the Jaguar team, you had been out with them and had a bit of alcohol to drink. You usually went out after every race, but this one had a particular taste because of the result.

It was always nice to see your colleagues outside of work. You travelled the world together so you were basically like one big family. These kind of moments were great for cohesion. Especially with the drivers, who you didn't usually spend that much time with.

"Yeah, I had fun."

"You should have stayed there, though. I could have made it here on my own. You're supposed to celebrate." You pouted. Mitch chuckled at your face.

"Honestly, I'm not much of a party guy. And I couldn't have left you alone, Y/N."

There was an intense staring contest between the two of you, or at least it felt like it. Once you were embarrassed enough and your cheeks have reddened, you turned towards your door and looked into your purse for your hotel bedroom keys.

"I better go to sleep. Thanks again, Mitch!" You smiled to him. "Where are my bloody keys!?"

Somehow, you couldn't seem to find your keys in your purse. There weren't many places they could be. You looked everywhere and even emptied your purse, but still no sign of your keys. You quickly started thinking about a plan. The reception? Closed at this hour of the night. And there was no other woman in the team you could share a room with.

"Shit. I don't have my keys." You grumbled and lied your forehead against the bedroom's door.

"Ah. Come on then, I won't let you sleep in the corridor." Mitch made a head sign towards the elevator, the drivers were not staying on the same level as you. You raised your head towards him.

"No, thank you, I'll find something else, I already bothered you enough for tonight."

"Nonsense! You don't bother me at all. And besides, I won't be able to sleep knowing that I didn't help you. Let's go."

Mitch grabbed your hand and guided you to the elevator. You suddenly became shy around him. You were usually confident, but not this time. You cursed under your breath.

You were amazed by the size of Mitch's room. You knew drivers had bigger hotel rooms, but this was something else! It was like a luxury apartment. You both talked a bit around a glass of water, to help not having a hungover on the next day, even though you suspected Mitch didn't drink any alcohol.

After a strong negociation, you finally agreed to sleep on the bed and Mitch on the couch. You tried to tell him he was nice enough to let you spend the night in his room and you didn't mind sleeping on the couch, but he wouldn't let you. Something about 'being a gentleman' and 'not letting a woman sleep on a couch'.

You both fell asleep pretty quickly even though you were still intimidated at the thought of Mitch sleeping at the other end of the room.

You woke up with the sun shining on your face on the next day. You stretched your arms and legs and opened your eyes as you sat down on the bed. It took a few seconds for you to remember where you were. Mitch was nowhere to be seen, the duvet covering an empty couch. That's when you noticed the shower was on in the bathroom.

You decided to take off your uncomfortable dress. There was a shirt between the bed and the bathroom's door, Mitch's shirt. You shrugged and put it over your head. You couldn't help but take a deep breath, filling your nostrils with his scent. Hopefully the shirt was big enough to cover you until mid-thighs, just like a dress. This would do for now.

You went into the kitchen part of the bedroom and started looking for stuff to prepare breakfast. You settled the table and cooked porridge, as you heard before that this was what his trainer made him eat. You filled two bowls with porridge and added topping: strawberries, blueberries, bananas, almonds, chia seeds.

"Is that my shirt?"

You jumped with surprise when you heard Mitch's voice. He just came out of the bathroom and was just wearing pants. There were still a couple of droplets of water on his toned chest, which made it even more difficult to focus on his face. He was drying his wet hair with a towel.

"Huh yeah, sorry, hope you don't mind. My dress was very uncomfortable."

"It suits you, a lot. You look beautiful, Y/N." He whispered while staring straight at you. It felt like he was trying to read your soul.

"Maybe I'll keep it, then." You teased him. Your confidence was back, at least for the moment.

"You should." Mitch stepped closer until he was standing just in front of you. "If you leave with it, I can always use that as an excuse to see you."

"You don't need an excuse to see me, Mitch." You blushed when you noticed his eyes kept glancing at your lips. If he leaned forward a bit, he would be kissing you.

"Would it be inappropriate if I kissed you right now?" His voice was barely a whisper now, but you could still clearly hear him.

"Probably." You saw his face fall at this. Just as he was about to take a step away from you, you grabbed his hand to keep him in place. Close to you. "Who said we have to be appropriate?"

You didn't give him the time to understand what you just said, you stood on tip-toe and put a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Let's have breakfast, what do you say?"

Mitch then eyed the kitchen's table and saw the bowls of porridge ready to be eaten. His eyes just lit up. He pulled your face to his and kissed you once against, taking his time to enjoy the taste of your lips.

"You are girlfriend material, Y/N."