74 part II. - Max Verstappen

This is the second part of a dialogue OS I wrote a few weeks ago for elineverstappen and I had so much fun writing it that I wanted to continue. I'm honestly thinking about turning it into a short story ahaha 🤔. Better read the first part to understand everything, you can find it under the name 74. - Max Verstappen somewhere in this book around 10 parts before this one😊

---

Hello tequila girl.

Just wanted to thank you for the talk. I'm actually sending you this text from my driver room in Mexico, and there's a nice trophy sitting beside me. How's life been for you these past few days?

Racing boy

Hello racing boy,

I was starting to think you didn't want my number at all, my ego was offended. Should I congratulate you for your trophy, then? I guess your boss won't threaten to throw you out anytime soon. Well done!

Tequila girl

Tequila girl,

Are you purposefully avoiding my question? I hope you're not still drowning your sorrow in tequila, some desperate boy might take advantage of it and talk to you about his problems all night.

Racing boy

Sunday is vodka day, racing boy. And you know what I do with that kind of boys: I run away.

Tequila girl

And you leave them your phone number. Hope this doesn't happen too often or you must be overwhelmed with texts from annoying boys.

Racing boy

You have no idea... There's this one guy, Max I think his name is, he just talks to me about fast cars and tries to turn me into an independent woman. What a pain in the ass!

Tequila girl

Looks like you really can't stand him... Too bad, he was starting to like her. I'll make it my personal mission that you don't find fast cars boring anymore.

By the way, nobody needs to turn you into an independent woman: you already are.

Racing boy

Dear racing boy,

If I didn't know better I'd think you are hitting on me. Surely a gentleman like you wouldn't dare to do that.

Alright, challenge accepted. Make me enjoy fast cars and I'll accept going on a date with you.

Tequila girl

What makes you think I want a date with you? I guess your ego is standing strong again.

Racing boy

Oh Max, we both know you've been wanting to ask me on a date ever since you sat next to me in that bar.

Tequila girl

You hadn't heard about Max for a few days when you received another text from him, asking for your address to pick you up an hour later. You usually didn't like unexpected plans, but you were curious about this one.

Max parked his car in front of your apartment and you jumped in. The vehicle hold a strong sent of perfume, his perfume, and you had to stop yourself from taking a deep breath. It was a scent that made you feel at home, safe.

"So where are you taking me?" Your elbow was lying against the car window, holding your head as you watched him drive.

"Taking care of your disinterest for fast cars." His smile was strong, showing he was confident.

"Oh so you do want a date with me, huh?" You teased him as he smiled a bit more shyly. You couldn't take your eyes off of his figure, so focused on the road yet so relaxed.

"That was the deal, right?"

You nodded and chuckled. This little game you played was a lot of fun and you were glad you two met. He was nothing like the boys you knew.

It took half an hour to get from Milton Keynes to the circuit of Silverstone. You had never seen a track from this close and you had to admit you were impressed. Max guided you to the garages. People were staring at you and that's only then that you remembered Max was a Formula 1 pilot, whose face was probably famous in the racing world. People working on the circuit were surely surprised to see a pilot coming here without his team.

"This is what we're going to drive." Max showed you a deep blue Aston Martin in the garage. You had never seen a car like that. It was more than a sport car. And just thinking about how much it costed gave you goosebumps. "Aston Martin is a sponsor of my team, they lend us the car today. Have I impressed you yet?"

"You're getting there." You put your head to the side, as if to see the car from another angle.

"Come on, let's suit up!"

Max guided you to a room where you could change clothes and he gave you a Red Bull navy suit. He changed his clothes right after you and smiled proudly when he saw you wearing the racing outfit. You both put a balaclava as well as a helmet.

"Here, let me help you." Max nicely tied the helmet for you, making sure the size was alright. You took a picture of both of you next to the car before getting in, Max behind the wheel and you on the passenger seat.

"You're not scared, are you?" He asked and that's when you realised your hands were shaking. He took your hand in his and stroke it carefully. You were both wearing gloves so you couldn't feel his skin, but the touch was enough to make you feel better. "I'll just go easy on the first laps, and then if it's ok for you we'll go faster, alright?"

"Yes, let's go, racing boy!"

As he was laughing, Max started the car and sped out of the garage to go on the track. You felt the adrenaline kicking in your body as he was speeding the car. You had never felt anything like it. You were stuck on your seat and your eyes kept going from the track to Max and from Max to the track. You could see he was passionate about this. His eyes were focused on the circuit but he kept glancing at you once in a while to make sure you were fine.

You were laughing out loud when he started doing sideslips just before entering the garage again. Your legs almost gave up under your weight when you got out of the car. This was amazing. You changed back to your clothes, thanked the people on the circuit who were not so discreetly taking pictures of Max, and you left to find Max's car. He naturally slipped his hand in yours and you were relieved to feel his skin against yours this time.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9pm." Max said when he parked his car in front of your apartment.

"You don't even know if you won the challenge."

"Of course I do sweetheart. You were laughing and smiling the whole time, I guess you don't find fast cars boring anymore." He winked at your shocked face, not used to having such a cocky answer.

"9pm?" You asked again to make sure you heard right.

"9pm." He nodded.

With a last smile, you left the car and entered your apartment, a sigh of happiness escaping your mouth as soon as you closed the door.

On the next day, Max picked you up again to bring you to the bar you two met. It was Monday and he offered you a tequila.