64. - Max verstappen

Enjoy this one, bluzklus !

---

"I'm going to do some grocery shopping, Max! I love you!"

"Yeah, yeah, see you soon Schatje."

There is goes. One more time where he doesn't say it back. He was there, lying on the couch and playing some video games and not caring that you were going out. This has been going on for a while, but these past few weeks it was becoming unbearable.

You and Max had been together for 8 months. 8 months of love and tenderness without him ever saying that he loved you. You told him several times without having an answer. It was alright when he was away during the season, you just thought he was under pressure and didn't have time to think about that. About you.

But he had been home for a month now, resting in your apartment most of the time. And he still couldn't say it, which was getting more and more frustrating for you.

Did he not love you like you did? Was he playing a game all along? You couldn't believe that, yet you thought more and more about it. You didn't even confront him about this because you were scared of what he might tell you. What if he said you didn't mean anything to him?

You sniffed and wiped away a tear before entering your car to go to the supermarket. You couldn't go on like this anymore. Things had to change.

When you came back home, Max was waiting for you. He helped you take the groceries from your car and put them in the kitchen. He could be such a lovely guy when he wanted!

"Thanks, Max. I love you!" You pecked his lips and waited for him to answer something. Anything.

"Me too, Y/N." He smiled at you and went back to playing video games while you stood there, stunned and utterly disappointed.

"Do you love me, Max?" You called back.

"Of course I do, I just told you." He answered without looking at you.

"No, you didn't." You sat next to him, defeated.

"Are you ok Schatje?" Max finally stopped his game to look at you after noticing you weren't acting like usual.

"You never told me you loved me." You whispered.

"What? Of course I say it, all the time."

"Well come on then, tell me!" You stood up and raised your voice, sick of hearing him act like nothing was wrong. He couldn't keep on pretending.

"I-" He started but cut himself, his mouth stayed open. He was surprised by your sudden outburst. You weren't easily getting angry.

"You can't, can you? You can't say it because you don't love me." You shook your head and tears rolled on your cheeks without you even noticing it.

"I do, Y/N. I swear I do." Max stood up to take your hands in his but you pulled away.

"8 months, Max! We've been together for 8 months and you never told me you loved me! This isn't normal. What am I for you? A good fuck? Some girl who reminds you home? Someone to spend your lonely nights with? I deserve better!" You were wiping your tears away from your face as quickly as they were falling on your cheeks. You didn't want him to see you like this. "You know what, Max? I think you're not capable of love."

"Y/N, wait! Max grabbed your hand to turn you around after you started to leave the living room. He was crying too, which surprised you.

"You make me weak. I've never cared so deeply about anyone before. And it terrifies me. You make me weak and I hate feeling weak. You don't know how much power you have over me. You could break me in an instant. Just like you are doing right now. I can't live without you and it scares the shit out of me because it would destroy me if you decided to leave."

"Max..." You started, more gently. It was the first time he spoke about his feelings for you so openly. He never did in 8 months. And the fact he was crying and holding on your hand showed you how honest he was about this. He wasn't faking it.

"No, please let me continue. I need to continue." You nodded and he took a deep breath. "You are the first person I think about when I wake up and the last I think about when I go to sleep. When I enter my car, when I'm driving at 300 km/h, it's your face I see. When I'm sad, angry or happy, it's you I want to be with. I've never felt anything like that. So yeah, you're my weakness Y/N. But I also think you make me strong. Your love for me and my love for you, it makes us strong. I love you, Y/N Y/L/N."

You took a deep breath and blinked your eyes, not sure of what you heard.

"Can you repeat that?" Your voice was weak.

"I love you Schatje." Max came closer to you gave kissed you tenderly. "I love you, I love you, I love you." He kissed you between each 'I love you' and you chuckled against his lips.

"It took you long enough! Don't make me wait as much to ask me to marry you, pretty boy." You punched on his shoulder.

"I won't. I promise. I won't make the same mistake again. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Max Verstappen.