25. - Charles Leclerc

This is for musicalem21 ! So this is based on the song Little Things by One Direction, I thought it fitted well! (Hope you don't mind) The lyrics are in brackets. 

---

[Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me

But bear this mind it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me]

You were never confident. You never found yourself particularly pretty. You were just casual. You weren't tall like a model, you weren't thin enough to have a jean size 34, you didn't have a particular face, your eyes didn't have an original colour, you didn't have a toned stomach. You were pure basic. And it was alright.

You had a great family you could count on, lots of friends, you were intelligent and successful in your studies, you had an amazing boyfriend, you didn't lack of anything. Charles always found a way to make you feel special, like a true princess. But when he signed for Ferrari, it wasn't enough anymore. As he was becoming the centre of attention of the Formula 1 world, you were too.

That day, you were on Instagram when you were tagged in a video from a British TV show. They were celebrating the end of the 2018 season and were talking about wags, who was the prettiest, who had the best style, etc. You were watching helplessly as the journalist was criticizing your outfits and your weight, betting Charles wouldn't stay with you now that he was a Ferrari driver and could get any girl he wanted.

You watched the video over and over again and you cried more every time. How could people be so mean? That woman didn't know anything about you or your relationship, she didn't have the right to judge you like that. Before taking a shower to wash away your tears, you looked at yourself in the mirror. You felt like you had the words "fat", "ugly", "not good enough" written all over yourself.

[I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

You've never loved your stomach or your thighs

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to

I'm in love with you and all these little things]

When Charles entered your shared house after his morning routine with his trainer, he couldn't find you in the living room. Yet your computer was still opened and a video was playing on replay. The words coming out of the journalist's mouth were awful. He was so angry he called the press officer of the team to pursue the TV show and the journalist for what they were saying. He finally found you in the bathroom, the shower was running but you were just lying on the floor, crying your heart out, in your underwear.

Charles immediately wrapped you up in his arms and rocked you to help you calm yourself. You were holding on to him for dear life, like you were drowning and he was a life belt.

[You can't go to bed without a cup of tea

Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep

And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep

Though it makes no sense to me.

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape

You never want to know how much you weight

You still have to squeeze into your jeans

But you're perfect to me]

"Shhhh babe, it's alright. You're alright." He whispered but you couldn't seem to calm your breath. You were shaking.

Charles took your head between his hands to look at you in the eyes. His knuckles were wiping away the tears on your cheeks.

"Hey, look at me! You look beautiful. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

You shook your head from left to right, not believing him. He could have anyone he wanted, why was he staying with you? He deserved so much better.

"Why are you with me, Charles?" You sniffed.

"Why am I with you? Cause you're the most beautiful person I've ever met. I love the freckles on your face because they look like a constellation, you're my constellation. I love the crinkles by your eyes when you smile because it means you are happy. I love how you can't go to bed without having a cup of tea beforehand. I love how you speak in your sleep even though you don't believe it. I love that your hand seemed to be made to fit in mine. I love you, Y/N, for who you are. I'll never stop."

[I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to

I'm in love with you and all these little things.

You never love yourself half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to

If I let you know, I'm here for you

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you]

"I know you're not confident babe, and that's ok because I love you enough for the both of us. You make me happy, every day, and I couldn't be prouder to call you my girlfriend. Now please, dry your tears and let me show you how beautiful you are."

Charles undressed the both of you and took you in his arms, you wrapping your legs around his waist, to guide you to the still running shower. He kissed every parcel of your skin, worshiping your whole body. That's when you understood, not everyone deserves to see your beauty. You are always beautiful in the eyes of the persons who love you.

[I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to

I'm in love with you, and all your little things]