47. - Valtteri Bottas

Pour toi, leag42 !

---

You couldn't believe your eyes. You were pregnant, finally! You had been waiting for 3 years for that day to happen, ever since your wedding night.

---

"I can't believe you're mine, for eternity." Valtteri told you in the sweetest ton as you lied in bed next to him. He had booked a night in a nice hotel in Finland before going to Kenya for your honeymoon.

"Well you better start believing it, because you're stuck with me." You smiled before leaning in to kiss his lips.

"Y/N Bottas." He sighed contently. "You know what will make this even better?"

"No, what?"

Valtteri started playing with your fingers, his eyes admiring the golden ring on your finger.

"A baby."

"A baby?"

"Yes. Imagine, you, me, and our baby. How does that sound?" His smiled reached his blue eyes.

"It sounds great, actually. Our own little family." Your eyes started watering at the simple thought of your husband holding your child in his arms.

"I guess we don't need that anymore, then." Valtteri reached for your pill on your bedside table to throw it in the dustbin.

---

You didn't think it would take this long for you to get pregnant. Of course you knew it wasn't necessarily easy, but both Valtteri and you were starting to lose patience and doubt yourselves. You often thought "Was is wrong with me?". You had even gone to see a specialist who said everything was normal, both for you and your husband. It just needed time.

It was becoming a pressure and each time your period came you were frustrated. Valtteri was too, even if he wasn't showing it as much as you did. You knew he would be the happiest man on Earth once you told him! He was born to be a father. Now, all you needed was an original way to announce him.

Hopefully Valtteri was at the track with his trainer and there were still a few hours left before the start of the race. You got ready and joined the circuit, showing your VIP pass to enter the paddock. You couldn't help but put a hand on your stomach for a few seconds as you were walking through the journalists and team members. Next season, you would be holding a baby in your arms.

You found the entrance to the paddock shop, where you could buy items from each team. Leading your way to the Mercedes part of the shop – one of the largest – you found what you were looking for: baby items. There was everything: baby clothes, mini suits, mini helmets, small caps, baby shoes. You bought the whole section and left the shop.

"Y/N!" You turned your head when you heard your name from across the paddock. Minttu Raikkonen had spotted you before entering the Ferrari motorhome.

"Hey Minttu, I was hoping to catch you today!"

Being both married to Formula 1 Finn drivers, you always got along. She was your only friend in the paddock actually. Not that you didn't like the other wags, they were all very nice to you, but you were just too different. Minttu was something else, though. Like a bigger sister. You liked Lewis very much too, as he was Valtteri's teammate you often saw each other. He was a really fun guy, very different from your husband, but you enjoyed his company. Too bad he couldn't keep a girl for more than a few weeks recently, because you were sure you would get along with the woman who shared his life.

"Were you running out of Mercedes caps? Couldn't Valtteri give you one?" She laughed once she saw you were holding quite a big bag from the Formula 1 shop.

You blushed, which only heightened her curiosity, and she looked into the bag, quickly spotting the baby items.

"Oh my God! Are you pregnant?" She whispered to make sure no one around us heard anything. There were journalists everywhere and any one of them would be really happy to deliver this kind of news.

You nodded shyly and she took you in her arms, hugging you tightly. She knew all about your desire to have a child and the long 3 years of unsuccessful attempts, so she understood this meant the world to you.

"I'm about to tell him."

"Please, tell me how it goes! I can see his face already, he's going to be so happy! No later than last week he was talking about how much he wanted a kid with you to Kimi!"

"I know. It's been long, but it's finally here." Once again, you gently stroke your flat stomach, a smile on your face.

Minttu kissed your cheek and wished you good luck, said she was hoping to see you after the race. You entered Mercedes' garage discreetly, Valtteri was still running around the track with his trainer, but you had to hurry up. In his driver room, you found everything already ready for him: his suit, his helmet, his shirt, his shoes, his cap, everything. You took everything off to replace them with the baby items you had bought from the shop. You took a quick picture, thinking you can post it on the social media later to announce the news. You stepped out and joined Valtteri's press officer like nothing happened.

You followed him when he entered the garage, still talking with his trainer. He gave you a quick peck on the lips as he was sweaty and he went into his driver room to take a shower. You stood behind the door, waiting for his reaction. You couldn't stop biting your lip in excitement.

He was taking too long to step out, though. Leaning your ear against the door, you heard him cry. Valtteri Bottas was crying. You entered the room and saw him crying as he was holding the small suit in his hands.

"What do you say? Will our baby look good in Mercedes' colours?"

Valtteri's eyes were glowing when he saw you, his stare instantly leaving your face for your stomach.

"Are you...?" It was like his mind couldn't form the word, from fear that the dream would end.

"I'm pregnant." You nodded excitedly.

"Finally!" Valtteri sighed in relief and hugged you tightly, like a treasure he didn't want to lose.

A few months later, you were cheering your husband with a baby in your arms, proudly wearing daddy's suit replica.