18. - Carlos Sainz

Request from _marisatamayo with Carlos Sainz, a wedding, and a dance on Tequile by Dan + Shay! Hope you like it :) 

---

"I can't believe we did it." Your head was lying on your husband's shoulder. Yup, husband, this would probably take a while to feel natural.

"But we did." You could see his smile reaching his ears as his fingers were playing with the wedding ring he pushed on your finger a couple of hours ago. "You don't regret it, do you?"

"Of course not!" You straightened yourself to be able to look at his face.

"You sure you don't want a princess wedding and the big fiesta after that, with all our friends and family?"

"I don't." You sighed contently as you slipped your hands behind his neck, both of you still sitting on a stool at the bar. "This wedding was everything I could have wished for. We've been fast and unpredictable since the beginning, so this definitely suits us well."

You didn't think about it twice when Carlos asked you to elope. He proposed to you a few weeks ago, in Madrid, where he grew up. You've been together for 3 years and you couldn't be happier when you saw him get down on one knee. But the wedding pressure was crushing you, between what you both wanted and your family's expectations. Beside the preparations, you still worked part-time and you followed Carlos to his races.

You were close to a burn out when, after finishing 7th in Austin, Carlos asked you to elope. A day after, you were married. The ceremony took place in a small church of Austin. Carlos had bought a suit and you a white bohemian dress. You got married and it was only the two of you, no family, no friends, but it was all you wanted.

You found yourselves in a country bar lost somewhere in Texas to end the day. Most may think it's an awful way to spend your first day as a married couple, but for you it was perfect. A band was playing nice country music, people were warm and welcoming, there was food and drinks, and most importantly, you were together. This was just like an after wedding party, Carlos Sainz and Melanie Johnson Sainz style.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" You chuckled and blushed, his stare still having the same effect on you more than 3 years after your first date.

"I can't believe how lucky I am. And I can't wait to show everyone that you're mine, for eternity."

"For eternity, huh? That's quite a long time!" You teased him but he still had that serious look on his face.

"With you by my side, eternity is not enough."

"You're cheesy tonight!"

"Yeah well, we just got married, it's a good moment to start being cheesy, don't you think?" He laughed quietly and pushed a few hair away from your face.

"I like the cheesy you." You nodded, amazed that you still discovered new things about him. "I don't know how I'm going to tell my parents about this. My mum is going to be mad. She was so excited about the wedding!"

"We can still have another one when we get home, you know."

"Please no!" You exclaimed. "I don't want to talk themes and flower colours and dresses ever again."

Carlos laughed, knowing all too well that preparing your wedding with your and his mum was a torture for you.

"I have an idea. Give me your hand." He linked your fingers from both your left hands and took a picture of it with his phone. One he made sure the wedding rings were visible, he uploaded it on Instagram. No caption needed. It was public knowledge you were engaged anyway. "There, now you don't have to worry about breaking the news to your mum." He smiled cheekily.

"My saviour!"

"Now I think we should turn our phones off before our first night as a married couple is ruined by notifications."

You both did so, a pressure off your shoulders now that the information was revealed. You had two more days before facing reality, for the Mexico GP.

The music changed, the guitar being joined by a piano. Tequila by Dan + Shay. You already heard this song on the radio, but hearing it country style in Texas, sung by a band, was definitely something else. Carlos didn't wait long to stand up and hand you his right hand.

"Can I have this dance?"

"This one, and every other one." You answered, putting your hand in his, your wedding ring facing him.

You joined other couples dancing in the middle of the bar. You had a hand on his shoulder, the other one holding his back, while both of his were hugging you tightly.

"Does this count as our opening dance?"

"Definitely!"

Carlos twirled you around, his smile bigger than ever when he saw you laughing in joy. He couldn't be happier than this moment. Somewhere in Texas, you swore to love each other, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part. He was yours, and you were his, for eternity. 

No request until further notice! I have quite a few to write already :) I'll tell you when I take requests again, thank you!