66. - Daniel Ricciardo

Request from leag42 😘💗

Just wanted to thank you all for the comments and likes on the Thomas Neubauer OS! Never thought you guys would like it this much. Part II coming soon!

---

"Sleep well, baby." You whispered at your 2 months old son. You left a kiss on his forehead and made sure the blanket covered him just enough. Turning the small light next to the crib off, you took the baby phone and left the room.

You lied in your bed alone, again. You didn't remember the last time Daniel had spent the evening with you and had cuddled you in bed. He was distant, ever since your son's birth. Yet he was the one who wanted a child so badly. Hunched up on your bed, you cried some silent tears. Daniel was not here and you had no idea where he was.

It was the middle of the night when he came back home. You heard him talk to your son through the baby phone. Not much, just a few whispers. When he lied next to you, you could smell beer and cigarette all over him. He was probably at a party with his friends again. It became a habit these past two months.

You couldn't find sleep after that. You felt like you were in bed with a stranger. You couldn't understand why he changed so suddenly. He was either away for a race or out with friends. He was everywhere but where you were. Did he regret having a baby with you? Did he not love you anymore?

"I'm sorry." You heard him whisper from the other end of the bed. He probably heard you cry as you thought he was asleep. You couldn't find the courage to answer.

The baby phone echoed with baby cries. You quickly got out of bed, knowing Daniel wouldn't do it anyway. You lied in the rocking chair with your son in your arms, breastfeeding him. He seemed so peaceful, so far away from the life problems. If only he knew what his dad was putting you through!

You saw Daniel staring at you with admiration from the door frame. He hadn't looked at you like that for weeks. You didn't pay much attention to it, your focus still on your beloved son. You put him in his crib again, leaving the room for the third time already that night.

"I'm sorry." Daniel said again once you both stepped into your room again.

"You said that already, move on." You answered harshly. You were tired and sad and you didn't want to deal with that now.

"I don't know what else to say." His voice was slow and hesitant. You wanted to laugh at how stupid he was being. He didn't know what to say? Seriously? Not only were you tired and sad, but now you were also angry.

You didn't recognize the man you fell in love with, the one who said you were the love of his life, the one who wanted you to be the mother of his child.

"I don't know who you are anymore." Your voice broke.

"Of course you know who I am! I'm Daniel, your boyfriend, your partner in crime, your soul mate."

"Not these past two months." You sniggered. He had some nerves coming and telling you all that. He didn't even realize who he became. "Right now you're a stranger to me, Daniel."

"Come on Y/N, you can't say that! I know I've been a bit distant lately, but I'm busy, you know that. It'll get better."

"A bit distant?" You raised your voice. Did he even hear himself? "You haven't spent an entire day with our son and I since he was born! You haven't told me you love me since he was born, you haven't made love to me since he was born. You barely kiss me once a day! I don't know what the hell is your problem Daniel. But if it has anything to do with me, if you don't love me anymore, then you shouldn't take it on our son. He deserves to be loved and he needs his father to be by his side. Damn, Daniel! You're a dad, now. Start acting like one!" You tried to keep yourself from shouting, from fear to wake the baby up, but you couldn't hold the hot tears. You were tired, sad, angry, and you had kept everything in for too long.

Daniel was looking at you, shocked, but also guilty. His jaw clenched, which meant he was uncomfortable. He knew he was in the wrong.

"Of course I still love you. Y/N, please believe that I still love you." He was desperate. For the first time in weeks, you saw the Daniel you knew. He was weak and sounded so desperate that you almost ran in his arms to comfort him. But you were the one who needed comfort, not him.

You turned your head, not ready to hear more. You couldn't take his lies anymore. For the past two months, he hasn't been acting like he loves you.

"I have the baby blues." He told you just before you turned the light off, ready to go to bed and to stop listening to his crap. You turned around, surprised.

"What?"

"I saw a specialist on Monday. He said I had a baby blues. It's unknown but quite common. He's helping me get better, and the guys I go out with are helping me too. They're the ones who told me to consult, actually. I should have told you sooner, I should have went sooner. I felt stupid." You didn't know what to say. "I love our son, I love him with all my heart. I just need time to adjust and to realize I am a dad. But it's going to be alright, Y/N."

"You still love us?" Your voice broke again, both in sadness and relief after his revelation.

"I do, I never stopped loving you." Daniel stood closer to you, holding your hand. "I was so ashamed, I didn't know what was happening to me and I didn't want you to think I wasn't happy. You gave me the best gift by giving birth to our son, Y/N, I could never thank you enough for that."

"You should have told me. I was so afraid, Dan!" You cried some more and he hugged you, letting you moisten his shirt.

"I love you, both of you. I feel better already, now that I told you everything. I'll get better soon, I promise you." Holding your head tightly between his hands, he kissed you passionately, showing you all the love he felt for you. You felt lightheaded at the strength of the kiss, he hadn't kissed you like that for weeks.

Again, the baby phone echoed, stopping your sweet and passionate moment.

"His diaper probably needs to be changed."

Before you could move, Daniel said:

"I'll go!"

You followed him to the room of your son. After he changed the diaper, you watched as Daniel talked to your son. You could hear the baby giggling. Hopefully, this tough period was behind you now. You knew you couldn't do this without Daniel, he was your boyfriend, your partner in crime, your soul mate.