Birthday celebration - Lando Norris

For HufflePuff_f1 who wanted a Lando OS where he misses his child birthday :))

---

You silently took a picture of your daughter to post on Instagram. Her back was facing you as she was watching Formula 1 on TV, her McLaren shirt on and the cap of her dad on her head, way too big for her. Before the Grand Prix ended, you brought the cake you made from the kitchen. You liked to cook, mostly deserts, so you had real fun preparing this orange cake with a small Formula 1 car made of sugar on it.

"Happy birthday to you, Evelyn!"

The little girl's eyes grew wide as she saw her birthday cake. She was her daddy's greatest fan, so of course she would love a cake with a Formula 1 car on it. You filmed her as she blew off the two candles and sent the video to Lando.

You remembered when he realized he wouldn't be home for his daughter's second birthday. Unfortunately, he couldn't postpone the race, and you couldn't come to Brazil either. You tried to go to the European Grand Prix because they are close to the UK, but you had to go to work on Monday and you didn't want Evelyn to be jet lagged all the time, this is not healthy for a baby.

You and Evelyn ate a piece of the cake watching the end of the race. You and Lando had agreed to give her presents on the next day, when he would be back. Lando won the race, consolidating his second place in the championship. Evelyn was clapping and giggling.

"Daddy champion!"

"Yes baby, Daddy won the race."

Seeing your fiancé win races never got old, you felt prouder each time. His smile was huge as he showed two fingers in the air just after he got out of his car, like a peace sign, but you knew it was directed to his daughter's 2 years. Wherever how far he was, your family was always on his mind.

Lando jumped into his team's arms before going into the cool room. There, he joined Max Verstappen, who had enough points to win the championship already, and George Russell, a good friend of Lando and you. They quickly debriefed the race, had a sip of water and put their cap on. Evelyn showed you hers, which was identical to her father's. She was a real daddy girl.

Each of the guys received their trophy, as well as a representative of McLaren, before the champagne shower began. David Coulthard then made his entrance to interview the three drivers on the podium, starting with Lando.

"Landooo! Congratulations! This is your fifth victory this season. Was it perhaps the easiest victory you had?"

"I don't know if a victory can ever be easy." Evelyn stood quiet as she drank her father's words. "You know, there are always risks, even when you start on pole, even when you're leading the race. Anything can happen, that's the beauty of Formula 1. You can crash, have an issue on your car, there can have a safety car or you can make a wrong strategy. Anything can happen really. So, sure I didn't have battles today, but I wouldn't say it was an easy race."

"What were you thinking about when you won?"

Lando's smile grew bigger and George hit him gently on his back, smiling as well.

"I was thinking about a girl, actually. My daughter turns 2 today, and I was really depressed when I realized I wouldn't be home to celebrate with her. But I guess we can still join the party, what do you think?" He addressed the crowd of supporters and team members that was packed just under the podium. They all cheered, starting with McLaren mechanics, engineers and other team members.

His physio came onto the podium to hand Lando his smartphone.

"Y/N you better pick up." He said and you quickly grabbed your phone. Evelyn was still staring at the TV screen, not understanding anything.

Your phone rang and you answered the video conversation.

"Hey." He said in a breath when he spotted your face on the screen. "Did you save me a piece of cake?"

"I did. Congrats, babe." You heard yourself on the TV because of the microphone that was placed just next to Lando's phone. Even your face appeared on screen for the world to see. Evelyn turned to you, her eyebrows frown. What was her mommy doing on TV? "I have someone here with me who'd like to talk to you."

You handed your phone to your daughter whose smile grew wide when she saw her daddy waving at her.

"Hi daddy! I watched the race and you are the best. Can you give me the cup when you come home?" Lando broke into laughter, as well as most of the people on and around the podium in São Paulo.

"Sure, Evy. Happy birthday my baby! Was the cake good?"

"Very good! It was orange just like your car."

"A true McLaren fan you have there!" David Coulthard exclaimed after he spotted your daughter's shirt and cap.

"I have a few friends with me who have something to tell you, Evy." Evelyn nodded, patiently staring at your phone.

Lando showed the phone to Max and David who congratulated her for turning two. Then he gave the phone to George, who Evelyn knew really well.

"Uncle Georgie!" She jumped excitedly.

"Happy birthday to the prettiest girl in the world! Don't tell auntie Seychelle I said that though, she's going to be jealous!"

Evelyn giggled and George gave the phone back to Lando. Everything was still broadcasted on TV and you were sure Formula 1 fans all around the world were thinking about how cute your daughter was. Lando then showed the crowd of supporters and team members under the podium. Together, they started to sing "Happy birthday Evelyn". Your eyes teared up. Evelyn had never looked so happy and you couldn't believe what a great father Lando was. The camera went back on him again once the song ended.

"Happy birthday baby! I'll see you tomorrow." He blew a kiss and ended the call. Evelyn and you focused on the TV again where the camera was looking closely at Lando. Not embarrassed at all, he wiped his eyes as he was crying of joy. He thanked everyone and left the podium with the trophy, hoping to catch a plane for London real soon so he could be with his fiancée and his big baby girl.