1. - Artem Markelov

A long one shot for EllieVader! I'm always full of inspiration when it comes to Artem ehehe.

This is the last OS I've written. And I still haven't found the inspiration back, so it's the last thing I posting for some time. Don't know how long it'll take for me to write again, but I'll keep you updated. Thank you for your likes and comments, you guys are amazing readers!

---

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Y/N, will you marry me?"

You were frozen. You had been dreaming about this moment, and now that it was finally happening the word 'yes' couldn't come out of your mouth. Could you imagine your whole life with him? You thought you did. But right now you couldn't picture yourself with that man in the future. It was all black.

"I have to think about it. I'm sorry." You turned around and left your boyfriend alone, a knee on the floor, next to the dining table of your apartment that he had decorated for the occasion.

You just grabbed your purse and jumped in your car. 30 minutes later, you were at the airport, booking a ticket for the first flight to Italy. You texted your mother to tell her you would be there soon. You opened your purse and sighed in relief when you noticed you had your earphones with you. You definitely needed music right now.

You managed to have a bit of sleep at the airport and then in the plane. You were as rested as you could be when you landed in Milan and sat in the car sent by your mother to drive you to Monza. The driver left you at the circuit, since the whole team was there already.

"My baby! What happened?" Your mother exclaimed in Russian as soon as she saw you entering the garage. The practice session was underway and everyone in the team was intensely looking at the screens.

"Y/B/N proposed."

"Finally! I thought he was never going to do it, took him forever. Why aren't you with him then?"

"I didn't answer." You shook your head as tears were threatening to fall down your cheeks. "Mum, I couldn't answer. I-I'm not sure what to do. I was staring at him and the ring and I just couldn't answer."

"Oh, baby." Your mother took you into her arms and you finally let the tears spill. "Do you love him?"

You thought for a second. Did you? Of course you did! But then why did you have to ask yourself? Your love was supposed to be obvious. You shouldn't have to wonder about it.

"Svetlana, Makino has an issue on the car!" An engineer called. You mother reluctantly left you. She was the team manager, she was the one taking the decisions here. You would have the time to talk to her later.

---

"Well well well, isn't it Strelnikova junior here!" You smiled when you heard his voice. Artem Markelov, the star driver of the team, spotted you as soon as he got out of his car. You two always got along. You were the same age, the same nationality, and you shared the same values. You saw each other every time you came to a race, sometimes you also grabbed a drink or had dinner together in Moscow, where you were both living.

"Quite a fast pace you had Markelov. Aiming for a pole position?"

"Hopefully! You know you're my lucky charm anyway." You giggled when you caught him wink in your direction. You always liked Artem. You loved talking to him and spending time with him, you loved his sense of humour and how serious he could be when it was required. You loved his professionalism, his dedication and how he was always there for you.

You talked a bit more before he was called by his engineer. From the corner of your eyes, you saw the knowing smile on your mother's face. You shook your head. For some time, she tried to set you and Artem up, even though you were already dating Y/B/N at the time.