Bruschetta and blackout - Mick Schumacher

This was requested by EllieJones5 , thank you! xx

---

"I'm coming!" You shouted from your kitchen after someone rang the doorbell of your apartment.

It was unusual, people normally didn't come at your place uninvited, and you weren't expecting anyone at this hour of the evening.

When you opened the door, you found a young blond man leaning against the wall. You had never seen him before but you wished you had. He was handsome. He was wearing some sports shorts and a shirt and he had clearly been working out recently, his face was a bit red and his hair wet at the base of his forehead.

"Hi, sorry to bother you. I'm Mick, I live next door. I have a water issue and I just came back from a run, so I'm dying to take a shower. Do you mind if I use yours?" He scratched the back of his neck nervously. He had a small accent but you couldn't point from where he was coming from.

"Huh yeah, sure!"

"Great, thank you! I was afraid I had to ask Mrs Mattia upstairs."

You giggled as he was referring to the 80 year old woman who was living in the building. She was very nice but couldn't stop talking, and she was the craziest person you had ever met. No wonder he didn't want to take a shower at her place!

"I'll just grab my stuff and I'll be back, then."

You nodded and left the door opened. He came back barely two minutes later, with some clothes and his toiletries. You showed him the bathroom and left him in there, getting back to the kitchen.

You finished preparing you tomato-mozzarella-herbes de Provence bruschetta and put them in the oven. There was some light acoustic music coming from the speaker and you hummed the lyrics as you tidied the kitchen.

Mick came out of the bathroom, looking very much fresh. His blond hair were a bit darker because of the water. He was wearing jogging pants and a grey shirt, looking very casual.

"Hmmmm that smells good!" He inhaled loudly.

"I made bruschetta. Do you want some?"

"Oh no, I already bothered you enough!"

"I don't mind, I made too much anyway."

"You sure?" Mick asked for confirmation and put his stuff on the couch.

"Yeah! Here, can you grab some plates?" You showed him the right closet and he set the table while you took the bruschetta out of the oven.

"I've never seen you before, are you new here?" You asked Mick when the both of you sat at the table and started eating.

"Yeah, I moved in a couple of weeks ago. How long have you been here?"

"Almost a year. I left home to start study architecture here, so I took my own place." You explained. "You're not from here, are you?" You bit your tongue after your question. It was intrusive. But you were too curious not to ask.

"I'm German, actually, but my family lives in Switzerland!"

"Have I seen you somewhere?" You could swear you saw his face somewhere before but you couldn't say where exactly. You were usually quite good to remember faces.

He blushed and you saw he was uncomfortable, but he answered anyway.

"My name's Mick Schumacher."

"Like the-" You started in realisation.

"Like the Formula 1 champion, yes. I'm his son." He smiled shyly.

"You don't like being associated to him, do you?"

"I don't know." He sighed. "I mean, he's my dad and I love him, but it's not easy being compared to the greatest F1 driver in history, you know?"

"Do you drive too?" You weren't a huge fan of motorsport, but you still knew how it worked and you had already watched some races.

"I do, I'm in Formula 2 this season, I won F3 last year."

"Oh wow! Now I understand why people compare you to your dad, you look like a promising young driver!"

"For now I just want to have fun and enjoy what I'm doing. I try to keep the pressure away from me!"

"Well, keep doing that! Seems like it's working quite well." You smiled, taking another bite of your bruschetta.

Mick spent the whole evening at your place, you didn't pay attention to the time until it was midnight and you realised you had classes on the next day. You hadn't had such a great night in a long time.

The German driver took his sports clothes and toiletries in his hands and gently kissed your cheek goodbye.

"Thank you Y/N, for the shower, the dinner, and the conversation. I had a good time."

"So did I, Mick. Let's not be foreigners anymore, right?"

Mick nodded and finally left your apartment. You leaned your back on your door, sighing deeply like you had been holding a breath for hours. Which you probably had, somehow.

---

It was a long day at university. When you came back to your building, you looked around to see if you could spot Mick somewhere, but he was nowhere to be seen. You were doing some homework when you heard footsteps in the staircase and the door of Mick's apartment being unlocked. You bit your lip for a few minutes, debating what to do.

Finally, you pulled a sweatshirt over the thin vest top you were wearing and left your apartment to knock on Mick's door. Your legs were shaking uncontrollably. Finally, he opened the door.

"Y/N." His smile was like you remembered, just brighter and nicer.

"Mick." You repeated, mockingly. "I was wondering if I could spend the evening here. See, I have no electricity in my apartment, God knows why! Total blackout." You were exaggeratedly fluttering your eyelashes at him.

"Oh, a blackout, really?" He was smirking teasingly, knowing damn well you were inventing this story of blackout. This was just an excuse to see him.

"Yeah. You wouldn't let a poor girl alone in a dark apartment, would you?"

Mick shook his head and giggled, but he opened his door bigger and let you walk in.

"Come in, I was about to cook courgette lasagna."