Gender reveal - Max Verstappen

Enjoy this one, Littlemissunnoticed xx

Also, I've posted the last chapter of my story about Artem Markelov, feel free to check it out #selfpromotion

---

"It's definitely going to be a girl." Max was looking over and over again at the ultrasound picture. He had been for the past few weeks actually, since you both went to the hospital to confirm the pregnancy test you had taken.

Everywhere he was going, he had the picture with him. He just had to show it to everyone and it was the cutest thing ever. You remember how stressed you had been when you found out you were expecting. You thought Max would never want this, you were still so young! But, surprisingly, he had been very happy with the news. He kept reassuring you about this, saying you would make a great mother and he would always take care of your family. And you knew he would.

Now entering the 4th month of your pregnancy, you soon had an appointment with your gynaecologist for a second ultrasound. You were both very excited to see how your baby had grown up and to finally discover whether it was a girl or a boy.

"Nope, I'm sure it's a boy. I can feel it."

"Feel it? Like, you feel a penis in your stomach?" Max had an eyebrow raised on his forehead.

It made you laugh how much he didn't know anything about this: babies, pregnancy, conception, the female body. You were not much experienced than he was, but still, you knew the basics. Anyway, he was so excited that he had started reading pregnancy books. He always had one with him, especially when he had a long plane travel.

"No, you stupid!" You giggled and laid a hand on your small bump. "It's just an intuition."

"Well my intuition is that it's a baby girl."

"Huh excuse me? Are you the one carrying a child? No. So leave the intuition to me, please."

Max shrugged as he took your legs to lie them on his lap. You were both sitting on the couch, watching a Formula E Grand Prix.

"Imagine, a baby girl. She'd have your soft hair, your gorgeous eyes, your pink lips. She'd be just as intelligent and as beautiful as you are." Max was absent-mindedly stroking your naked legs, his mind somewhere else. Probably picturing a baby girl in his arms.

"What about a boy? You could go karting with him, sharing your passion with him. He'd be handsome, gentle and cute like his father."

"I'll take our baby karting even if it's a girl, you know. And she'd beat the boys over and over again, and then she'd be the first woman competing in Formula 1."

"That sounds quite good." You smiled and lied your head on his shoulder. It was still a bit surreal, to think that in 5 months you would have a baby to take care of. You were frightened, yet impatient.

"Honestly, I don't care if it's a boy or girl. I want both anyway."

"Oh really?" You smirked.

"Yeah. It just gives me an excuse to make love to you again and again and again."

Max's hand raised higher to reach your thigh. He turned his head towards you to leave a shower of kisses on your jaw. You didn't know how it was possible, but somehow you loved him more and more everyday.

---

"It's a very healthy 4 and a half months old baby you have there!" The gynaecologist exclaimed as she looked at the screen. Max had tears in his eyes when he heard the small heartbeat of the baby and he tightened his hold on your hand.

"Oh my, look at our beautiful baby, Y/N!"

"Are you ready to know the gender or would you rather wait until the birth?"

Max and you crossed eyes. You always thought you would wait the birth to know the gender, but since you had that conversation with Max a few days ago you were impatient to know. You were tired of saying "it" or "the baby" and you wanted to be able to say "my baby girl" or "my baby boy".

"Yes, please, we want to know." You nodded.

The gynaecologist moved over your stomach to catch a good sight and she smiled knowingly.

"Congratulations Mrs Y/L/N, Mr Verstappen. You're having a daughter."

Your eyes were stuck on the screen showing your baby. It was so tiny. She was so tiny. But she was perfect.

Max kissed your cheeks, your nose and your lips and you felt salted water on your mouth. He was crying with joy. You daughter would have the most protective father, that you were sure of!

"I'm having a daughter." Max said in disbelief.

"Our future Formula 1 driver." You giggled in happiness.

The gynaecologist left the room to give you two a bit of intimacy. Max couldn't keep his hands and lips away from you. He felt like he needed to thank you and to cherish you.

"Not bad of an intuition I had, right?" He smiled mockingly, remembering you were sure it was a boy and you made fun of his so-called intuition.

"I'm fulfilled, Max. I love you, you know that, right? I'm so lucky to have you as my partner and the father of my child."

"I can't wait to start a family with you, Y/N. I love you so much. And soon I'll have another girl to spoil."

"Oh God, you're gonna be such a doting father!" You giggled and wondered how your life could be more perfect than this instant.