59. - Daniel Ricciardo

This is for danricciardo3 ! Not the best I've written, so sorry for this 😩

---

Daniel was talking to some journalist. She was gorgeous. She had long brown hair, green eyes, a perfect body, and she seemed to make him laugh. They looked good together. They would be a great couple. And she was the same age as him.

You swallowed your tears and turned around, leaving the hospitality building where they were doing the interview. It was the end of the first day of practice. You grabbed your purse and left the paddock, taking a taxi which brought you back to the hotel. You quickly texted Daniel to tell him where you were and jumped into the shower.

You were feeling insecure lately, and the fact that Daniel was always surrounded by beautiful women didn't help. He could have anyone, why did he settle for you? You had nothing to offer to him.

"Babe, you there?"

"Yeah, I just showered. Coming out soon." You answered him through the bathroom door, trying to hide your sobs.

"Are you crying?"

"No." You shook your head before remembering he couldn't see you. Daniel always knew how to read you.

"Open the door, Y/N." His voice was close, he was just behind the door.

You finished putting jogging pants and a t-shirt on before opening the door. He was towering you, you felt so small in front of him, yet so safe when he took you into his arms.

"Tell me what's wrong." He whispered.

"You should be with someone like her." You raised your head to him.

"Who?"

"The BBC TV host."

"Yeah well, lucky for her, my heart belongs to someone else." He smiled and, although it warmed your heart, it didn't make you feel much better.

"With her, you could go public. You could talk about her to your family, bring her over to have dinner with your friends. You could have kids right now and people wouldn't think she's your sister or your niece."

You were 19, 10 years younger than Daniel. You two didn't have any problem with that, but you chose to keep your relationship secret for now, for obvious reasons. You could already see the headlines: "Daniel Ricciardo babysitting his girlfriend", "Ricciardo likes them under 20". It wouldn't be good for his image and you would be destroyed in the media. He should be on the verge to get married and have kids, not dating a young nobody.

"I don't care about all that. All that I care about is sharing my life with a woman that I love and who loves me. Also, I told my parents about you."

"What? When?" You panicked. There were going to hate you, for sure.

"They knew from the beginning." Daniel chuckled. "I had to ask my mum for advice. I told them all about you and showed them pictures. They're excited to meet you."

"They don't disapprove that I'm so young?"

"Nah, they don't really care." He shook his head. "My mum was a bit scared at first, but when I told her how mature you were she was reassured. As long as you treat her big boy well, she's happy!" Daniel put his hands on your waist and you lied your head on his torso.

"But I'm so young! I've just started studying, I know nothing about life. Your fans would go crazy if they knew about me, the media as well. I know you keep your private life private, but it's bound to be known someday. We can't hide forever. I don't want you to suffer because of me." You finally confessed.

"So this is what's all about, huh?" Daniel took your head between his hands to face you and look into your eyes. "Why can't you just love me? I don't care what people might say or think. I just want you to love me, I'm not expecting anything else from you. You may be young but you're the most mature and down-to-earth woman I've ever met. You know what? I think we should just tell everyone that we are together, that way you'll finally stop stressing about it."

"What? No!" You shook your head but Daniel still posted a picture he had taken of the both of you a couple of days earlier. He explained how you were younger but he loved you and asked people to respect you and his private life. This was probably the best proof of love he could have given you.

"There, now will you please stop being scared of our age gap and just tell me you love me?"

"I love you Dan, so much!" You slipped your hands behind his neck and pecked his lips tenderly.

"I can't even imagine how stressed you'll be when I propose to you." Dan shook his head. You giggled and punched his shoulder, not realising how serious he was about this.

A few months later, you had a diamond ring on your finger and Dan's fans were asking to take pictures with you, being the new cool wag in the paddock.