Six

NIALL

NIALL

Despite Lou and I understanding each other and 'making up' - if you can even call it that - he was still noticeably awkward around me.

Now it's Friday, Nadia and I's date night. After school, my three friends all came over to my house to help me get ready so I don't look like shit, also to calm me down.

Liam and Harry tried to hide the fact that Louis didn't want to come, but I knew it because they were awful at lying. Apparently they forced him to, though, which I wish they hadn't. Now it'll only be more awkward.

"Our 'pre-date' night a few days ago went really well," I sigh, hoping the actual date will go well too.

"So we've heard." Harry huffs jokingly. I hit his shoulder and laugh lightly. I'm just really happy and full of hope right now, yet I'm still worrying.

"Tonight will be amazing, Niall." Liam smiles. "Don't worry. Just have fun."

"Thanks," I sigh, but smile. I'm just awfully nervous because Nadia is really popular and two grades above me. "Okay, okay. So I have a few outfits picked out. We're going to a diner and then the movies, so I didn't choose too fancy clothing, but presentable." I ramble on.

"Niall, stop talking. Oh my god!" Harry groans, then stifles a laugh. "Show us the damn clothes so you can be ready by 5:30."

I nod my head and exhale deeply, then glance over at Louis who sits on my couch and plays on his phone. I'm not even mad at him, but I want to scream at him right now.

What did I do wrong that made my best friend hate me so much that he won't even help me on my first ever date with my first ever girlfriend?

"Outfit number one!" I announce as I point to a plain grey t-shirt paired with a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans.

Typical outfit for me, yet I don't usually wear a jacket so that's a step up.

"Lou," I finally say, really wanting his opinion and help even if he's nervous and doesn't speak too much. "You gonna look?"

Louis looks up from his phone and turns it off immediately, nodding his head. "Uh, yeah, of course." He smiles awkwardly as he stands up and walks over to me.

Despite his awkwardness that he has with me, I'm glad he's not too awkward to not even want to be around me. That would seriously fucking suck. I smile at him as he comes up and stands next to me and he smiles back.

He looks over at my first outfit and nods his head. "I like that," he tells me and smiles.

I nod my head back. "Yeah, me too. It's my style so I'll be comfortable in it." The four of us nod, but I still show them my two other options in case they're better.

"First one." Louis says, so I nod my head and pick it up. My other two friends say the first one as well, but I was already choosing it when Louis told me he liked it the most.