Twenty

LOUIS

LOUIS

We both wake up from napping, even though Niall wasn't supposed to sleep. We eat our snacks that we totally forgot about before.

"Oh, Lou?" Niall says and I hum as I look over at him, food filling my cheeks. "Nadia's friend, Michael, is having this party on Friday and she wants me to go." He runs his fingers through his hair, biting his lip. "I want you there, but I really don't want you getting drunk or smoking and stuff like that."

"I can come." I smile. "I won't drink or smoke, okay? I'll stay with someone the whole time." I smile as I suggest that to him.

"That's what I was thinking. Payno or Hazza, okay?" He smiles.

"Yes, dad." I roll my eyes playfully as I smile. "So, wait, tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sorta late notice, sorry." He shrugs. I shake my head and tell him not to worry about it.

"Well you're not allowed to drink either, then." I joke and cross my arms. "Pinkie promise."

"I don't even wanna drink, so okay." He shrugs and giggles, walking closer to me and holding out his pinkie finger. I hold mine out and we link fingers briefly. "Boom! Now neither of us can drink at that party."

***

"Niall!" I hear a familiar voice shout from downstairs, as Niall and I lay in his bed and talk about random things. He sits up right away and then looks at me with wide eyes. "Get down here!"

"This was kinda bout to happen," he shrugs and I nod as I sit up, too, then we both stand up and walk downstairs. "Yeah, mum?"

"Niall, I- oh, hey Lou." She smiles at me, but her eyebrows are furrowed. She turns back to Niall and exhales deeply. "Niall, I got a call from the school saying you weren't there after lunch. Explain." She crosses her arms. "And don't you tell me that you got Louis to ditch as well!" She warns.

"It was my idea." I tell her, lying. "I was having a super stressful and awful day, so I asked if he would walk home with me and hang out with me instead." I shrug. Niall hits me and furrows his eyebrows.

"What the heck, dude?!" He says, almost forgetting that his mum is in the same room. "Mum, he's right about him having a bad day, but I suggested that he comes back to my house."

"Okay, look boys." She sighs, setting her bags down as she just got home from work. "Louis, I'm genuinely sorry that you're having a bad day and I really hope it's getting better," she smiles sadly. I nod and play with my fingers after Niall and I sit down on the couch, being met by Maura sitting on the chair diagonally in front of us.