Forty-five

*The way Louis is looking at Niall and listening to every word he is saying😍😍

NIALL

I walk up to my friends at lunch, running late because of schoolwork I had to finish, and fail to see my boyfriend anywhere. I furrow my eyebrows and sit down, also not seeing Liam.

"Uh, where's my boyfriend and Liam?" I ask Harry.

"In the bathroom. Liam told me to wait for you to get here and then meet them in there." Harry sighs.

"O-okay." I instantly stand right back up. "What's wrong? Are they okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, but just, cmon." Harry stands up and waves me along, so I follow him out of the cafeteria and toward the bathroom.

As I hurriedly open the door, Liam is sitting on one of the sinks as Louis stands over another one with the water running as he picks something off of his hand.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I ask, then go up to him and look to see him picking off black nail polish that was on his nails. I smile lightly that he had nail polish on, but then frown. Why is he taking it off? "Lou, what're you doing?" I ask him. He blinks away tears that threatened to fall and furiously looks at his hands as he picks off the polish. "Stop, please." I say as I grab his hands and hold them.

"Someone came up to us and laughed at Louis." Harry sighs. "The boy said, what's next? Are you gonna wear skirts and makeup, stuff like that."

"It's bullshit," Liam scoffs. "I found it sweet that he's wearing nail polish."

"Yeah, baby," I sigh, snaking my arms around his waist and pulling him closer to me. "They're just jealous that they don't have enough confidence to wear nail polish." I smile.

Louis shrugs. "I thought boys were allowed to wear nail polish, though. That's why I did it. I thought it would be a fun change." He sighs and bites his lip.

"Boys are allowed to wear nail polish. They're even allowed to wear makeup and girly clothes, all of it. So when you get home, I'm coming with you and we're re-painting your nails, okay?" I smile and cross my arms. Louis smiles back and giggles softly. "Because I love it, I absolutely love it. It's super cute, just like you." I kiss his cheek, and he blushes immensely.

"Okay, fine," he bites his lip. "I just don't want people seeing it." I sigh and then tighten my grip around his waist.

"If they judge you, they don't matter." I tell him softly. "I like it, Harry and Liam like it. I bet your family likes it, so nobody else's opinion should matter." I smile, watching as Louis smiles and nods.

"Yeah, my parents thought it was cute." Louis giggles. I smile and laugh lightly, nodding my head.

"They're correct, it is cute." I say, kissing his cheek.