Thirteen

LOUIS

LOUIS

Niall and I walk back to his house, where Harry is waiting for us. I also suggest to invite Liam, to which Niall obviously complies, so the four of us will all be hanging out.

"Harry!" Niall crosses his arms as we walk into Niall's room. My heart beats faster as I think about waking up after the dream in his room, but try to focus on what's going on. "You ate half the pizza."

"Not my fault you were taking so damn long." Harry laughs as he eats another piece. I laugh and cover my mouth as I do so, earning a glare from Niall. The glare turns into a laugh, which makes me laugh even more. Niall's laugh is so cute - STOP! I mentally yell at myself. You can't think your best friends laugh is cute, Louis.

We all sit down and finish the pizza, leaving a slice for Liam, as Hazza plays FIFA. My phone goes off and I groan as I lift up from beside me and check to see who texted.

Liam: You have to tell Niall! He thinks you guys aren't even best friends anymore just because you don't wanna be around him as much.

I don't reply, only take a deep breath and blink away any tears that were on their way.

This is what I've been afraid of from the start; Niall not being my friend. At least I know he wants to be my friend, but he's having doubts on if I want to be his friend. Shit.

Why does this have to happen? Out of all the dreams I could've possibly had, it had to be a sexual dream of my best friend and I. Just wonderful. Ugh.

I glance over at Niall who smiles and laughs while watching Harry play the game. As I fiddle with my fingers, I sigh quietly and look down at my lap. How could I do this? I've made Niall think we won't be best friends and I'm slowly ruining this friendship. Liam is right; I have to tell Niall as soon as possible or things are just going to get worse. My only issue is, how the hell am I going to tell him? I have a crush on him.

***

"Bye!" Harry shouts, purposely being as loud as possible, as he exits Niall's house, laughing loudly on his way out. I roll my eyes and laugh lightly as Niall shuts the door, leaving him, Liam and I.

I'm going home soon since it's a school night and I have a little homework. Though, to my surprise, I'm not in a hurry to be home. Tonight hasn't been too awkward after Niall and I made up, but I'm still really worried for our friendship. I just can't believe that I let it get this far, now Niall doesn't know if we'll be able to stay best friends.

"We should get food," Niall suggests, rubbing his palms together while smiling and nodding his head.

"Okay, fatty." I joke. Niall kicks me and I laugh. "I'm kidding! I love you!" I smile goofily, holding out the 'ou' in 'you'.

"I love you too," Niall giggles, holding the o longer than the other letters in too.

Liam nudges me and gives me a look, saying 'see he will always be your friend'. I shrug my shoulders and suddenly feel awkward again, just not too awkward to the point where it's that noticeable. I nearly forgot that Liam knew and suddenly felt like he'd be judging me.