Sixteen

LOUIS

LOUIS

When I woke up, I find myself in Niall's bed. For a split second I flip out, wondering why the hell i'm laying in his bed and what could've happened. But I quickly remember what happened last night, sigh in relief, then stress out even more.

I told Niall I think he's cute... and I kissed him. I can't remember too many details, but I definitely remember that he wasn't rude about it. In fact, I'm pretty sure he kissed me back. Doesn't that technically mean he cheated on Nadia? No, he'd have to actually want it for it to be considered actually cheating.

All I can think right now, is how I need to get out of here and not see Niall. He probably thinks I'm super weird, i don't want to talk about this.

Once I get on my shoes and walk downstairs, I see Niall making breakfast. It smells good, but I try to sneak by him and leave.

"Lou, hey!" Niall smiles, so I turn around and smile. My heart beats faster, but I have an idea to make this less awkward. Play dumb.

"Hi, uhm, why did I wake up at your house?" I ask him, pretending that I can't remember anything from last night.

"Oh, I wanted to talk about that." Niall says, putting some homemade pancakes onto a plate before turning off the stove and walking over to me.

"Oh, okay?" I ask, still keeping the whole 'I have no clue what's going on' act up. We sit on his couch and I bite my lip, trying to act calmly and not be so nervous.

"We were supposed to hang out, just me and you. Then you never showed up and it turned out you were at some party." Niall sighs.

"Oh, I remember going to a party. I don't really know what happened after that." I shrug. "Did something really awful happen?"

"No, no, not at all." Niall shakes his head, promising me. "But uh, I picked you up and took you to my house," Niall continues. I fiddle with my fingers nervously as I dread hearing him say this. "And you asked if we could get snacks so clearly I said yes. You said I was cute and you like being around me." I let him speak and breathe deeply, but subtly, in hopes not to seem too nervous. "You hugged me and then said you wanted to do something. So I asked you what and you kissed me." He bites his lip.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." I furrow my eyebrows. A part of me feels like crying because although I knew Niall wouldn't like me back, it still hurts to hear it.

"It's okay, really." Niall tells me softly. "Better it be you than some stranger. It's not so weird to kiss your best friend." Niall laughs lightly.

"Y-Yeah." I laugh dryly along with him. "I must've been really drunk or something. I dunno." I sigh, shrugging my shoulders and biting my lip gently.

"So, it's not true?" He asks me nonchalantly.

"No, I mean, I like being around you, but not like that and I do think you're cute." I force a smile and Niall smiles back. I find myself looking at his smile and smiling bigger, but I quickly look away. No, Louis. I tell myself. It's time to get over your best friend. He clearly only like you as a friend.