Fourteen

LOUIS

LOUIS

The four of us sit at our same lunch table that we always sit at, enjoying our food as we talk about random, pointless shit.

Someone taps on my shoulder and I turn around to see some 'popular girl' smiling down at me. I'm pretty sure her name is Lexi.

"Uh, hello?" I furrow my eyebrows as she waves me to stand up and walk with her. "I'll, um, be back soon." I nearly ask my friends, not really knowing what Lexi wants.

"You should party with us tonight." She winks. "My house, 7 o'clock."

"No thanks, actually. I've, um, like, got some homework."

"You're an awful liar, Louis." She rolls her eyes and giggles. "But it's cute."

"Aren't you almost eighteen?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Because I'm fifteen."

"It doesn't matter, silly." She smiles and laughs lightly. "You should join us."

"Nah," I scratch the back of my neck. She asks me for my number just in case I change my mind and end up going. Though I agree, I know I won't change my mind. I'm hanging out with Niall tonight so I can't go anywhere else. "Mkay, see ya." I say awkwardly as I walk back over to my friends and sit down in my spot next to Niall.

Suddenly Nadia is sitting on the other side of him and I clench my jaw, trying not to make it too noticeable. To distract myself I just eat my food.

"What was that all about?" Harry asks, repeatedly raising his eyebrows as he smirks.

"She wants me to hang out with her and her friends tonight. I dunno, I can't. I don't even want to." I shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah, cause you've got a date with me," Niall jokes as he throws his arm over my shoulder. I force myself to laugh lightly, yet I only find myself worrying so much.

I can just imagine Niall's reaction once he realizes that I like him this way. We would always joke about us dating since we're super close best friends and all, but when I tell him that I think of him differently, he will think back on all those moments and be so weirded out. He'll regret all of it.

***

"So you're telling Niall today, right? When you go over to his house?" Liam asks me as him, Harry and I walk in the hallway today.

"I'm trying to work up to it." I bite my lip, then stop at my locker to get my history book.

"If you need us to help you, just call us and we'll come over." Harry smiles, patting my shoulder. I smile and nod my head, closing my locker and beginning to walk again.

"Thanks, guys." I sigh. We all split up to head to our next classes of the day.

By the time school ends, I walk outside and begin to walk when I'm stopped by Lexi.