Forty-four

*Why is Louis the cutest thing ever??😍❤️😫😘💙

LOUIS

Once Niall leaves, I go upstairs to finish up my homework - though I barely have any. I tap my pencil on my desk as I think about my math problem, biting my lip and looking mindlessly around my room as I think.

My eyes land on the black nail polish my mum bought me, that I sat on my desk earlier, and I forget about my homework. I reach over and pick it up, sighing as i look at it. I don't even know how to paint nails, how am I supposed to wear this?

"Hey Loui-" Lottie walks in my room and I quickly cover the nail polish with both my hands, widening my eyes and looking over at her. "What's that?"

"Nothing," I laugh awkwardly. "Uh, I have to do homework, so..." I trail off, hoping she can take the hint and leave. I love my sister but I can't have her here right now.

"Mum told me, Louis." Lottie laughs lightly. "She went on and on about how adorable it was that you wanted to get nail polish."

My cheeks heat up and I smile small as I look at the ground. I shrug my shoulders and sigh. "I don't even know how to put it on so it was a waste," I bite my lip and look at the nail polish another time.

"I'll teach you." Lottie smiles, walking into my room the rest of the way and pulling up my hamper to sit on. "It's really simple, actually. And fun."

"Thanks," I smile. I'm glad my family isn't weirded out by me wanting to try this out.

She paints some of my fingers for me and also has me try it out so I can soon be able to do it myself without her help. She tells me that I'm pretty good, which makes me happy. After a few minutes she tells me to let the paint dry and not to touch anything.

"They should be dry in a few minutes, then you can move them around without having to worry about messing them up." Lottie smiles at me.

"Okay, thanks again." I smile. She nods her head and then walks out of my room. What am I gonna do to keep myself busy for these few minutes? "Lottie!" I yell, and she shows up at my doorframe again. "Can you turn on my TV, please?" I ask her.

"Sure thing," she smiles and turns it on. "Which channel?" She asks me. I think for a moment before deciding on one.

"Cartoon Network." I smile, watching as Lottie goes to that channel and then leaves after I thank her.

I watch cartoons for a few minutes and then make sure the paint is dry by touching it lightly. I smile once it's dry, then skip down the stairs to show my parents.

"Mum, dad!" I smile, running into the living room where they sit, watching tv and chatting.

"Yeah, sweetie?" My mum smiles at me. My dad looks up at me too and smiles.

"Look, Lottie helped me." I say walking closer to them and bending down to show them my nails that are painted black. They look at it for a moment and smile. "D'you like it?" I bite my lip, standing up straight again.