Twenty-one

NIALL

NIALL

"You guys never mentioned that you'd be ditching school." Harry crosses his arms.

"My bad." Louis rolls his eyes. "I wasn't having the best day so I wanted to relax."

"Oh," Harry bites his lip and then looks over at Liam, who sympathetically looks over at Louis. "Right, sorry." I almost forgot that Liam knows what's wrong with him and why he's been acting weird around me.

"It's whatever." Louis rolls his eyes again.

"Lou, we need to talk to you." Liam tells him. "Just, like, not with you, Niall."

"Oh, I-" I glance over at Louis who tells me with his eyes to allow it. "Yeah, why not?" I smile small, then walk off.

Suddenly a pair of lips are against mine and I pull away to see Nadia smiling up at me.

"Hi Nadia, I'm not in the best mood right now." I mumble, sighing.

"Let's go to the empty music room and I'll make you feel better." She smiles, tugging on my arm.

I widen my eyes and my heart beats faster. "Uh, I-sorry, I'm not - I have to get to class." I hesitate so much, only to quickly speed off until I reach my locker.

***

"Hi guys," I say awkwardly as I walk over to my three friends at lunch. They all smile back at me, but Louis nervously plays with his fingers. "Maybe we could go over one of our houses and get ready together." I suggest to the small group.

"That sounds good to me." Liam shrugs and smiles with a nod. Harry looks over at Louis, probably making sure he's alright with the plan. Louis nods lightly at him and then Harry smiles.

"Okay, we're in." Harry nods and smiles over at me. I smile back, but then sigh subtly. I'm glad Liam and Harry are helping Louis, since they know what's going on and I don't, but he's my best friend. And it might be selfish, but I wanna be the one to help him. I want Louis to know that I'm always there for him and he can trust me.

"Cool, who's house?" I ask them. "It can't be mine because my mum will question where I'm going and never let me leave." I laugh lightly.

"It can be my house." Louis says timidly and shrugs. He doesn't look over at me, but I look at him.

I kissed him. I think. I kissed my best friend, and...it didn't weird me out.
No, I furrow my eyebrows. It weirded me out, it had to weird me out. We're both boys and straight. I didn't like it. I like when Nadia and I kiss - that's final.

"My parents will be home, but they don't care if I go to parties." He tells us.

"Cool, thanks." I smile and he nods lightly. I sigh and turn forward again, eating some of my lunch.

"We could just go to your house right after school ends. Would that work?" Liam suggests. Louis nods and smiles lightly at Liam.

Why won't he look at me? He's been weird around me since before we kissed, but now he's acting more weird. Dammit, I regret ever kissing him back, but I'd never be so embarrassed to stop looking at Louis.

"I've gotta use the bathroom. I'll be back." I say and finally as I stand up, Louis looks over at me while I turn and walk away. I don't know how long he looked at me, but I know he did for at least a few seconds.

I go into the hallway and get out my phone to text Nadia. Since she's older than me, her grade isn't in lunch right now. So I ask her if she can 'go to the bathroom' for a minute and meet me in the hallway around the corner of the cafeteria.

***

"Hi baby." She smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck as she lightly pushes me against the wall and presses her lips against mine. I kiss her back and put my hands around her waist, pulling her closer to me. I deepen the kiss, hoping to forget about ever kissing Louis and only remembering kissing her and any other girlfriend I may have in the future. "What's up?" She laughs lightly as she pulls away.

"Just missed you is all." I smile, kissing her again.

"I missed you too, Niall." She tells me softly, standing on her toes to press her lips against mine. Nothing gets too heated, but it doesn't have to - I don't want to. I just simply want to kiss her and forget what kissing Louis felt like.

I mean, he is incredibly nice so dating him wouldn't be bad - SHUT UP! I pull away from Nadia and then sigh.

"I'm really sorry, I just remembered that I have a lot of work to finish up." I say, shaking my head and gulping nervously. My eyes are wide due to what I just thought about.

"Oh it's fine. Don't worry about it, babe." She smiles at me. "I better head back to class anyways." She kisses my cheek before walking off and leaving me alone.

My heart races and I suddenly feel really hot, I run my fingers through my hair and try to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I didn't just think that. I did not just tell myself that dating Louis would ever not be bad.

In no way do I think being gay is bad, I'm just not gay. So why the hell would I try to talk myself into thinking Louis would be a good boyfriend?

I walk back into the cafeteria with my eyes still widened and sit with my friends. I don't look at Louis, I force myself not to.

"You good, mate?" Harry laughs. "What the hell happened in the bathroom?" Liam laughs lightly and I just shake my head.

"Nothing," I force a realistic laugh. "I just heard something that was shocking."

"What?" Liam straightens up his posture and becomes worried. I furrow my eyebrows and then think for a moment.

"It's nothing that concerns any of you," I laugh. "No rumors or anything in general - just some really inappropriate sentence." I lie.

"Oh," Liam sighs, laughing and shaking his head. Though I'm confused, i don't ask anything.

Of course, even as I was kissing Nadia I still managed to think about how I kissed Louis. There's got to be a way for me to forget that ever happened and forget that I actually tried to convince myself that maybe he'd be a good boyfriend. He would, but not for me. For a girl.

This. Is. So. Boring. I'm sorry!

But I'm actually gonna update on a daily basis so RLY SOON thing's will get goooodddd😁

Winter break is over for me and I'm so upset😢😢

It went by so fast and the good old boring school is starting😫😫

But enough of me for talking about how much I hate school(I'm in 9th grade so it's hard😢😔😫)

Goodnight/morning babes😘

~Kairi🌸