Forty-one

*SO CUTE, I CANT🥰😍😫❤️

NIALL

"Mum, I'm going to Lou's house." I tell my mother, tying my converse laces and heading to the door.

"Niall, wait." I groan and turn around as my mum walks out of the kitchen and over to me. "It's already after dinner, why're you going over there so late?"

"I can't tell you," I sigh and bite my lip. Louis would hate me if I told my mum what happened to him. "But I really-"

"Why can't you tell me?" She asks nervously, almost seeming skeptical about it. I roll my eyes and huff.

"It's not for anything you're thinking about, jeez. He just really needs me right now."

"Is everything alright?" She asks me worriedly. I nod my head and shoot her an assuring smile and she agrees to let me go until 12:00am.

"Thank you, mum. Love you." I smile, hugging her. She hugs me back and says she loves me too.

***

I knock on Louis' door and before I can even finish knocking, the door opens. My boyfriend quickly comes into view, his puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks breaking my heart.

He wraps his arms around my neck and nearly knocks me over as he crashes into me, also hiding his face in the crook of my neck. I wrap my arms around his small torso and shut my eyes, squeezing him and holding him closely.

"You're okay now, baby." I tell him, rubbing his back. "Is he still here?" I ask, pulling away from him so I can walk inside and we can go to his room. As I pull away, he just wraps his arms tighter around me and lays his head on my shoulder again.

I laugh lightly and hug him back again. "Our mum is talking to him and trying to get him to confess." Lottie explains. "He has to stay for tonight so he has time to pack everything together, but he's leaving tomorrow."

"How do you even know Jake?" I ask, not understanding how I've only just recently heard of him.

"He's a family friend, we don't know him too well, but well enough to never see this type of thing coming. He's always so nice, I never understood why Louis hated him." She sighs and shakes her head.

Louis continues to hug me and only tightens his grip. I laugh as best I can, it being hard since I'm being hugged to death and I start playing with his hair.

"Louis," Lottie laughs. "Let go of Niall so he can come inside." Louis groans and keeps hugging me.

"He can walk inside as he hugs me." He mumbles, then laughs briefly. He starts walking backwards into the house, me following along as we walk.

"Lou, this is difficult." I giggle.

"It's working great," he huffs, but laughs lightly. He trips over something and nearly falls, but I quickly lift him back up, scared to death that he would've gotten hurt. He just laughs loudly, clearly not being scared by it.