Thirty-eight

*When Louis helped Niall walk down the stairs🥰🥰 Helpful Louis is what I'm living for😊

LOUIS

After school I wait for Niall at the steps, smiling wide as I know I'll be safe with him.

"Hey!" I turn around and see Nadia and my heart races. I say hi back awkwardly and without smiling. "So you're the one who stole my boyfriend from me?"

I gulp nervously. "W-What?" I look around and hope for Niall to show up so we can just leave. "You cheated on him with Michael."

"Apparently, though. You guys kissed before that." She raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. "You're absolutely disgusting. Who does that to their best friend?"

"I was drunk," I mumble, looking down and fiddling with my fingers. Nadia laughs dryly and then scoffs.

"It still happened and he kissed you back. That counts as cheating." She rolls her eyes. "And Louis, you're only fifteen. You really shouldn't be drinking."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes, crossing my arms.

"How does that even happen, anyway?" Nadia fakes a laugh again. "You kiss him, drunk, then somehow you two fall in love? Hmph."

"Oh come on, you never really liked Niall, did you?" I squint my eyes at her. "People talk, Nadia. You and Michael have been on and off for the longest time, so you've probably cheated on Niall a lot."

"Shut your fucking mouth, fag. I'm so done with you." She huffs.

"Then why'd you come up to me?" I raise my voice.

"Hey, Nadia! What the hell?" Niall yells, running over here. "Don't talk to him," Niall says, putting his arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

"Wow! You let him boss you around like that?" Nadia asks me, laughing. "He tells you who you can and can't talk to?"

I hug Niall and lay my cheek on his chest. "I like it," I blush. "I don't like you."

"Yeah," Niall agrees. "So fuck off." He raises his voice. She scoffs and crosses her arms, but walks away. "Sorry, baby. I hate her."

"Me too, I really hate her." I pout, starting to walk away from the school. "You guys never did anything serious, did you?"

Niall grabs my hand and squeezes it lightly, smiling over at me. "No way, nothing more than make out. Which, by the way, I highly regret doing with her."

I smile and laugh lightly, then nod my head. Niall is just the sweetest, I'm so lucky.

"We haven't done too much more than make out either. Minus the hickeys and bathing together, not much." I almost mumble, fiddling with my fingers.

"Do you want to?" Niall looks over at me briefly, then keeps his eyes ahead of us. "I thought it might scare you after what happened with, you know, that asshole." Niall sighs and rolls his eyes.