2| Fylnn Davis

T R U T H
U N T O L D
chapter two

T R U T H U N T O L D chapter two

"Just great." I sarcastically mutter once I peel my eyes open and discover I am lying in the nurses office with a slight ache in the back of my head.

"How are you feeling, Violet?" I jump when I hear a feminine voice from beside me. The school's nurse stands beside me with concern on her features.

"Fine." I give her a simple answer. I am surprised to have no trace of a headache, or any part of my body ache from the fall.

"Do you remember what happened?" The nurse questions. As she does, the memory floods back into my mind and I feel the colour drain from my face.

I'm going crazy. That's the only logical explanation behind all of this. I saw the ghost of Sebastian Reynolds. My trauma had gotten worse than I remember.

Although I remember Dianna introducing him as her brother. There is no way that was Sebastian Reynolds. I saw him die before my own eyes. I'm not sure which explanation sounds scarier; it being Sebastian, or a twin.

"Uh, yeah sorry." I apologise for spacing out in my thoughts and get off the uncomfortable bed.

"Violet, do you think it's wise to go back to class? I can have the school call your mother." I shake my head at her offer, the desire of getting answers flooding my head. I can't already end up home on the first day.

Maybe I should of agreed to online schooling.

"Really, I feel fine."

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Her comment takes me by surprise. Right now I am unsure if I did see a ghost today, or I hallucinated and I'm slowly being driven crazy. "You're so pale, dear."

"Thank you for your help." I rush out the door before she could stop me. Normally when a student is unwell they send them home, but I don't want to be that weak and let even more rumours spread about why the school is sending me home.

I glance at the clock as I walk down a hall with the classrooms and discover it's just the beginning of forth period.

I groan and accepted that I'll undoubtedly be given detention for being this late to class by the time I get my book from my locker.

I walk past the classrooms as fast as I could before turning the corner to the main hall with my locker. I unlock it and grab my English book out carefully without dropping all my notes that are tucked under the cover.

I slam it shut and make my way to the end of the hall, furthest away from the doors. I huff and adjust my book in my arms as I round the corner to go up the stairs.