5| Losing Them

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter five

        The first thought that came to my mind this morning was if Dianna and Flynn will still want to be my friend

Now that I have some grasp on a social life, I'm as scared as ever to lose it. Especially because the friendship would crumble into flames. It's already the small talk of the town; Violet Jackson is friends with Sebastian's clone.

Flynn Davis.

        Then when first period rolled around on an early Wednesday morning, the Davis siblings arrived just before the final bell could ring, they both stumbled into the classroom in a late mess.

      The only two spare seats were the one next to me, and another two rows in front. Dianna had practically pushed Flynn down into the seat awkwardly placed in the middle as she threw herself in the chair next to me.

       By now, Flynn, Dianna, and I all sit around the one table. "Please tell me they don't do this regularly." Flynn sighs as he lets the assignment sheet fall onto the desk.

        "You'd be pretty surprised." I answer once I had also read over our task that is due this Friday- meaning we only have today and tomorrow to do the heavy load.

      "Thank gosh we can at least split the load." Dianna keeps the scaffold in her hands, reading the bold that states the assignment is done in groups of two, to four.

        "It also gives us an excuse to hang out again after school today. That's- only if you want to?" Flynn offers, rather hesitantly. "We can always just do it in school hours."

          "No, it's okay. Mom doesn't get home until six, so we can do it after school to get it over and done with." Now that I have friends, I crave more time to bathe in it.

      Dianna and Flynn Davis are no regular people. Mixed in with Flynn's identical looks to Sebastian, the two don't fight into the mainstream of Hamilton. They're the type of friends you'd see in movies, and want more than anything.

      "Is our place straight after school okay?" When Flynn asks, I nod as my answer. "We can all meet at the front of the school and I'll tell you the address."

The bell blares through the school, ending this current period, which meant I now have PE. It's not that bad of a class for me, unlike most of the girls in Hamilton High who dread the class. It isn't the class that makes it bad, it's your own attitude towards it.

      I only enjoy it the most because Ms Lancaster is my PE teacher. She is the outcast teacher, and I'm the outcast student. We fit together and have each other's backs.

       "I guess this is the part where I have to break away from you two and try not to drown in everyone's bullshit." Dianna huffs as she stands up, her books neatly stacked in her hands. "Wish me luck." She leaves the class and I've only managed to finally stuff my textbook into my bag.