4| My Fault

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter four

        Mom hasn't spoken much since yesterday

Mom hasn't spoken much since yesterday. I listened with my head leaned against her bedroom door when I heard her on the phone to the psychologist, scheduling an appointment for us both.

        Flynn Davis has caused grey clouds to gloom over the town of Hamilton. The tragedy everyone has finally healing from has been handed to us again.

          I guess it's only a matter of time before the detective who still is trying to catch Ronan Kennedy and his three side kicks who were identified by my description I had given, start to question Flynn. It's impossible to not pass up the opportunity to judge his involvement.

          After I had eaten the breakfast I had made myself, I had grabbed my keys and driven to school wearily in the car dad bought me. A part of me has always believed he gave it to me just so I have a reason to wander off and get out of his and mom's hair.

                            I hate the car.

       It's not to car itself, it's the realisation my father had chosen his political career over his family. It made me feel even more guilty.

             This leads me to where I am now, hastily slamming the grey car door shut with a little too much force, and leave it sitting in the back of the school carpark. If anyone figures out that it is my car, it would be trashed in an instant.

       That's why I keep it in the garage most times. But it hasn't stopped reckless people from trashing mom's car.

       My legs ache slightly from yesterday's intense track, but I push through it as I quickly walk through the cars and to Hamilton High's infamous doors.

        "Not only is she the biggest bitch ever, she's also a skank." The moment I step foot into the main hall, Dianna marches up to me with a displeased look on her face.

      I frown, but then my eyes move down the hall where Nancy Dennis has attached herself to the arm of some jock. A different jock then she was hanging off yesterday.

       "She's been like that since she was a freshman." There hasn't been a day where Nancy isn't surrounded by guys, or attached to their arms.

         "I'm surprised you haven't attacked her yet." Flynn suddenly appears by his sister's side, ruffling her hair as she swats his hand away.

        It makes me think if the two are even related. Although they do look similar. They both have brown hair and a perfectly carved jawline, as well as hazel eyes. But I have to remind myself that so many other people have brown hair and hazel eyes. It can mean anything.

       "Gosh, you make me out to be a monster." Dianna glares at her brother and fixes the mess of her hair he made. "Before you so rudely interrupted our conversation, I was going to ask Violet if she wanted to show us that ice cream parlour we drove by. Is this afternoon good?"