15| Hamilton Melts

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter fifteen

           Walking into Hamilton Melts after school immediately cools my flustered cheeks

Walking into Hamilton Melts after school immediately cools my flustered cheeks. Both because of the naturally cold temperature within the small store, and the relief that it's not busy.

      The bell above the door chimes when I enter and Barb's head snaps up from wiping down a table. "Hey, Violet." She smiles and walks back behind the counter. "Small Mango Magic?" She asks and I nod.

      There's only two other people in Hamilton Melts- two you younger teenage girls who both have their heads angled down to their phones as they text away. I sigh and turn back to Barb as she settles my ice cream on the bench and I hand her the money.

      "Stressful day?" She asks with raised brows as she puts the money in the till. I take the ice cream in my hands and grab one of the thick plastic spoons.

   "You bet." I stab the spoon in the ice cream. "You can expect me to come back up here and get several more of these." I flash her the kids sized cup.

    She lets out a little laugh. "I'll be here." I try my best to offer a smile as I walk to the back booth where I always sit.

       The moment I sit and place my ice cream on the table, my phone rings. I roll my eyes as I have to reach to the back pocket in my pants to get my phone out.

      Camila's name is across the screen as my phone annoyingly blares. I answer it quickly so I can get on with eating my ice cream that I have been craving all day.

     "Yes?" I don't even say hello as I jump straight to the point. The faster I end the call, the faster I get to eat my mango goodness.

      "Hello to you too, sunshine." She snorts into the phone. "Where are you? I'm at your house but you're not answering the door."

      I frown. "Why are you at my house?" I question and lean against the back of the booth. "We were literally in last period together, you could of told me you were coming over."

      "You would of said no if you knew why I was coming over." She defends and goes silent for a few moments. "Seriously? You're at Hamilton Melts without inviting me?"

Her joke doesn't make me laugh, but widen my eyes. "How the hell do you know where I am?" I whisper shout into the phone so I don't gain Barb's attention.

"You never removed me from that 'friend my friends' app." She answers. "So I can clearly stalk you." I can faintly here the sound of a car driving in the background.

"Well are you driving here or going home?" I don't wait for the call to end as I quickly shove a little spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.

"I'm driving home. Dad needs help with setting up the new tv." Camila tells me. I smile at the mention of her dad- who is incapable of doing must things by himself because he typically drops everything. He's broken so many toes from dropping tools on them.